New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Brace yourselves: Official Rift-S reveal is coming

Comments

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,576 Valuable Player
    edited March 17
    snowdog said:
    I actually read that as not lol :o:D
    I saw it as Now but I figured it had to be a typo considering he commented on it about me lol. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,613 Valuable Player
    edited March 17
    I think you guys should take a look at the best Asian philosophy point ever: the yin and the yang. That's a concept called Duality.
    By definition, a duality is a junction of two concepts

The problem is that a "concept" is in itself, software. So the concept of Duality itself proves that Software exists first. You're welcome.
    B)
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Honestly I don't really care but why on god's green earth would you do this? Changing rules to allow this is one of the most bone headed decisions I have seen on a forum. No offence meant but it really pisses me of when people deliberately alter the meaning of my posts by miss quoting.

This is the most passionate I've ever seen Big Mike in 3 years. Sexay!
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,771 Valuable Player
    A Quick reminder that "Fixing" other peoples comments by quoting them then changing the content is now allowed. Thanks.

Honestly I don't really care but why on god's green earth would you do this? Changing rules to allow this is one of the most bone headed decisions I have seen on a forum. No offence meant but it really pisses me of when people deliberately alter the meaning of my posts by miss quoting.

Edit after 3 hrs sleep last night am wondering if I missed sonething?

It should have said NOT allowed, I have butter fingers.

That's a relief some people on this forum would have had a field day if that was allowed. I'll mention no names, but I would be one of them. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,150 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    A Quick reminder that "Fixing" other peoples comments by quoting them then changing the content is now allowed. Thanks.

That's a relief some people on this forum would have had a field day if kinky sex with the Snowdog was allowed. I'll mention no names, but I would be one of them. 

Fixed.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Guys, all funny replies but let's NOT edit people's comments! Thanks.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Today is St. Patrick's Day. No one should be posting. Just drinking and fighting. Be back tomorrow! 
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,689 Volunteer Moderator
    Hugo Barra says they are "dropping some exciting oculus news" at 8am PT.
    (Which is 1am tuesday for me)

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,838 Valuable Player
    nalex66 said:
    Same, didn’t see the now until it was pointed out. 
    The same actually, hence my post. Funny how the brain sees and interprets things (fills in the blanks) sometimes.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    Guys, all funny replies but let's NOW edit people's comments NOT! Thanks.
    NOW or NOT I am really confused.

:s 

OK, well erm...back on topic, what time can we expect announcements today?

I believe everything gets underway in about 6 hours of this post! They are on California time, and it's just after 2am over there right at this moment.

A new rumor just popped up:
    Beat Saber is all but confirmed for Oculus Quest

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,850 Valuable Player
    kojack said:
    Hugo Barra says they are "dropping some exciting oculus news" at 8am PT.
    (Which is 1am tuesday for me)

Oh man I will be on golf course, well gives me something to look forward to when I get back.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,083 Valuable Player

phew.. thanks :) i did wonder if that was the case after posting, hence my edit....  like i said after 3 hrs sleep i was even more easily triggered for a moan than usual :D
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    EXCITING DAY FOLKS!! VR STUFFFFFFFFFFF IS COMINGGGGG!!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,850 Valuable Player
    EXCITING DAY FOLKS!! VR STUFFFFFFFFFFF IS COMINGGGGG!!
    I sure hope so. As a hard core combat flight sim enthusiast, I have resisted to temptation that many others have given in to in regards to other higher res displays out there now, in hopes for a better Rift to come. Built this new i9 9900k 2080 Ti rig in anticipation of it. Many that did jump ship are struggling to get any level of acceptable performance out of some of those devices. Hopefully Oculus will do it right.
    I do hope the time is near. 

I have been hanging my hat on Oculus and hope it pays off soon. 
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,549 Valuable Player
    edited March 18
    Zenbane said:

Thought it was already :O

Zenbane said:
    ... and I'm back.

So, now even Oculus is teasing us with hype train rumors! I like it.

GDC starts this week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, and we. are. pumped. Game devs and gamers alike will get hands-on with Oculus Quest, we’ll share some brand-new Rift demos, and we may just have an announcement or two up our sleeves...

Be sure to stay tuned to the blog this week—it’s gonna be a good one.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-at-gdc-2019-oculus-quest-rift-demos-and-more/

lol "we may just have an announcement or two up our sleeves..." Man you can take that in soo many ways!! LOL I hate it. I have a feeling its software related than hardware xD but lets hope for both!?

My bet:
    1) Release date for Quest
    2) A big title release from a well known company
    3) Maybe talk about Rift-S
    edited March 18
    Quest Launch and Orders today for sure? ... I mean they are really hyping it up on twitter. "Quest Countdown"

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,268 Volunteer Moderator
    Am driving all afternoon and not sure there's wifi at the home I'm staying tonight. Will be checking in here on my crappy little old iPhone.later. there'll bi big news though... big news.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.476)
    If Quest pre-orders are announced today, I'm fk'ing ordering! My credit card is polished and ready.
    Mradr said:
    Zenbane said:

Not confirmed. People were hoping and speculating. But today a video was leaked showing it. The new video popped up in the last 12 hours or so.
    Zenbane said:
    Mradr said:
    Zenbane said:

Not confirmed. People were hoping and speculating. But today a video was leaked showing it. The new video popped up in the last 12 hours or so.
    Oh I Swear I saw images and video almost a month back XD there was a random video on youtube that pop up with them using it.
    Zenbane said:
    If Quest pre-orders are announced today, I'm fk'ing ordering! My credit card is polished and ready.
    same ready to go sweetie :D
    Mradr said:
    Oh I Swear I saw images and video almost a month back XD there was a random video on youtube that pop up with them using it.

Links?
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,083 Valuable Player
    Does anyone think there is any chance at all that Rift S will be a "mode" for quest?

ie plug a DP or HDMI cable into quest and it enters Rift Static mode?
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Zenbane said:
    Mradr said:

Links?
    I have to find them again - think it was posted some where on roadtovr in the comment section.
    edited March 18
    Does anyone think there is any chance at all that Rift S will be a "mode" for quest?

Again - from the images floating around - no one saw any way to connect a cable like that to the device. Unless its a super last min addon - the answer is most likely no or not for this version at least. I be happy if that was the case though. It give Quest actually some really good value in terms of future proofing it self just a bit. Hands down then Quest would be a really amazing product - or even a CV1 replacement - but that also might be why it doesnt. They dont want to mucky the water with a device that can do both when they could have two different products for that.

Facebook has made it clear that there are 3 entirely separate product lines. Creating a "mode for quest" would combine two products in to one. If someone wants a mode for Quest on their Rift, then buy both a Quest and a Rift. There's your Mode
    :p