GOOGLE STADIA - Cloud Gaming on any platform within 5secs from YouTube — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

GOOGLE STADIA - Cloud Gaming on any platform within 5secs from YouTube

MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,648
3Jane
edited March 19 in Off-Topic
Well I always thought we'd have a Cloud OS as a means of security by now but Google are going for the gaming market first.
I just wonder why VR doesn't get this?!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/google-announces-stadia-a-console-free-gaming-platform/ar-BBUYzoR?ocid=spartandhp

Comments

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,263
    Wintermute
    Nvidia is providing a similar one that does include VR.

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,648
    3Jane
    "Virtual Reality is Now a Cloud Reality

GeForce NOW will also enable wireless VR and AR.

High-quality VR experiences require incredible computational horsepower. For truly immersive experiences, you need 4K rendering at 90-Hz refresh rates, something most modern devices are years away from achieving.

That’s where the new RTX Servers and GeForce NOW come in, rendering on our high-performance Turing GPUs to achieve this level of performance. We’re also working with 5G infrastructure and service providers, like AT&T and HTC, to enable wireless head-mounted displays powered by RTX Servers to make VR in the cloud a wireless reality."

This market is moving so fast!

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,838 Valuable Player
    The words “Google” and “security” do not belong in the same sentence in any form. LOL
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,648
    3Jane
    edited March 20
    Some 100 titles this year already. Both Unreal & Unity onboard. Says 60fps but will be 8k later so VR won't be a problem at 90fps if featured. It has WiFi added the Controller and has 2 buttons for Mic access to the APP and a Menu Access to the platform. 7500+ access node points globally.The thing is, considering how long it must have took to get this to become viable yet they aren't even talking about VR and current Headsets have no WiFi yet it would have been an obvious tech to have added!
    Here's hoping that the RIFT S does consider all of this.

ps I could run all VR games (again) on my old Xeon but why BLOCK it knowing this tech is coming! They didn't see it coming?
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,392 Valuable Player
    It's still too early for something like this, a great deal of people's internet connections won't be up to it. Sony tried a similar thing but it failed miserably.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,263
    Wintermute
    snowdog said:
    It's still too early for something like this, a great deal of people's internet connections won't be up to it. Sony tried a similar thing but it failed miserably.
    I think it will be viable for single player/non competitive games. Beyond that probably not. For the Nvidia one, most people say it's negligible difference and it's like playing on a console on a tv without the game mode on. Not ideal but doable.