Rift S Disappointment Thread so Oculus knows our feedback! - Page 8 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Disappointment Thread so Oculus knows our feedback!

1234568»

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,400 Valuable Player
    Zenbane said:
    Dooguk said:
    You are obviously very average, ;)

Best. GIF. Evar. lol  :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 791
    3Jane
    edited March 28
    The Rift S was not meant as an upgrade for current Rift users, this is clear - however I would have WISHED if Oculus had thrown us existing Rift user a bone, that is a SLIGHTLY (!) improved Rift (which addressed the current flaws, eg. optics) at a REASONABLE price.
    €449 (or more likely even €499) is a ridiculous price for current Rift users who thought they may possibly get an affordable slight upgrade that could tie them over until a possible CV2.
    For me, the omitting of the good Rift CV1 headphones and the price are the biggest show-stoppers.
    * That being said, I think the inside-out tracking MAY WELL be good and should cover 99% of scenarios, without the annoying and always flakey USB sensors. (The USB had always been a cause for all sorts of issues, it's just not 100% reliable. And so was OLED and the problems with blacks, black smear, SPUD etc..
    As said, I think LCD and inside-out are good, I would have totally gotten this if it was reasonably priced and with the existing CV1 headphones. Even if I had a way to get a Rift S for €199 (which for me would be the only acceptable price as a an "upgrade" to a flawed Rift, even then I would only get it if I would manage to connect the CV1 headphones to it).
    For "VR newcomers" (people who never had a Rift before) then again S looks more reasonable, but I still think it is priced a tad too high.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,863 Valuable Player
    edited March 28
    @flexy123 - I think it's worth more then £199 LoL. Maybe £350 would have being good, but their not going to sell this for £199 that's for sure.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,400 Valuable Player
    199 quid lmfao  :D :D :D

Please tell me that isn't a serious post lololol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • ksnksn Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    Likely not getting Rift S. It's not the next generation Rift. I can't describe what is that. A bit increase resolution and better lenses are only advantage over CV1. All other features... seems to be disadvantage o_O
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,502 Valuable Player
    edited March 29
    Meanwhile at the Legion of Doom

WAAAGH!
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 971
    3Jane
    RedRizla said:
    Do all the people on these forums that know their IPD wear glasses? I was just wondering because I don't know my IPD but I don't wear glasses so maybe that's why. 

I currently own Oculus GO though and I don't feel any discomfort compared to my Rift which is also perfect but obviously has the IPD slider. So I'm guessing my IPD must be in the majority range of 65. Although I do have a big head! lol

I'm not sure it has anything to do with having a large head, it's more to do with how far apart your eyes are. I think having a large head would just give you an Oculus face. 

LOL I've apparently got a huge head with little eyes...think beetlejuice but in reverse lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhYidRnUYAAy2AN.jpg