cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games/Apps/Experiences for a 3 year old

Percy1983
Superstar
As it is my son has taken a shining to my rift and loves using it.

So he doesn't fully operate it, he sits on my lap then sticks it on his head and tells me what to launch.

He currently likes Jurassic Park Blue, Invasion, Henry, roller coasters etc

Is there anything you would recommend which isn't horror.

He is starting to mess with the touch controllers but isn't too good with them yet.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
7 REPLIES 7

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'd say keep it short (young eyes) and what you are showing him already mate, maybe find some VR kiddie vids on YouTube. My 4 year old girl loves my Go and loves the coasters, even the scary ones lol 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Percy1983
Superstar
Absolutely on the keeping it short like the current experiences, just want some more variance, what's the best way to get the youtube VR stuff going, any good channels? any good coaster programs either free or cheap.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Since children’s IPD is normally much lower than adults I’m surprised that they can get a clear 3d image.  I think the mean for a 5yo is 51mm.  The Go is ~63mm.  Probably a good idea to check with an eye doctor to make sure this is not going to cause any problems with their young eyes imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant

Percy1983 said:

any good coaster programs either free or cheap.

"Epic Roller Coasters" is good. It has a couple of free coasters and cars. You can buy more if you choose to.
It gives the option to sit back and enjoy the ride or use accelerator and brake in "Race Mode".

Edit:        NVidia VR Fun House has some cool stuff for young ones too
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@TomCgcmfc already checked mate plus I got a little insider knowledge, 20 mins a day max and twice a week is all my girl gets. But to see her face after a coaster ride is priceless  🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I thought the recommended age was 7+ ?

I'm not letting my daughter use VR until she's passed her masters degree lol.

But in all seriousness mate, I wouldn't recommend VR for 3 year olds because their eyes are still developing. Obviously you're the parent and it's YOUR choice at the end of the day, but that's my advice anyway.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the recommended age was 7+ ?

I'm not letting my daughter use VR until she's passed her masters degree lol.

But in all seriousness mate, I wouldn't recommend VR for 3 year olds because their eyes are still developing. Obviously you're the parent and it's YOUR choice at the end of the day, but that's my advice anyway.

The recommended age is 13+ if I'm remembering correctly but 6+ is when the eyes stop developing. This is why it's so difficult to treat Lazy Eye in kids when they're 7+.

The eyes stop growing in size around puberty I think but eyesight is fully developed from age 6. Nintendo put an age 7 limit for the 3DS for that reason.