New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Firmament Kickstarter is live (Cyan Worlds next VR Game)

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,809 Valuable Player

Less than 1 hour ago, the Kickstarter for the next game in the series behind Myst, Riven, and Obdcution has launched: Firmament. This is being built for Virtual Reality.

As most people know, I'm a huge fan of all things Myst and Cyan. I backed their last Kickstarter which was successful, and I'm now the proud owner of a Myst Linking Book Replica. I rarely support the backing of anything that involves $$$, but I'll be backing this one. I'm backing it, hard.
Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,357 Valuable Player
    I saw this trailer and immediately thought of Zelatorbane. And here we are right on cue.  :D

System Specs: ASUS NVIDIA RTX 3090 TUF GAMING OC 24GB , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,809 Valuable Player

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    Looks awesome! Also reminds me that I still need to go back and finish Obduction  (I don't think I even got that far into it.)

Hopefully they've made the motion controls feel better than they did in Obduction; I think that was one of the reasons I lost interest, despite how gorgeously detailed and fascinating the game world was.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    I just backed it :) Obduction's VR implementation was no so great, but it's such a great game ! Firmament is built for VR, so I'm very confident with the result. The wait will be long now...
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 2,347 Valuable Player
    I just backed it :) Obduction's VR implementation was no so great, but it's such a great game ! Firmament is built for VR, so I'm very confident with the result. The wait will be long now...
    Yea I actually got annoyed with Obduction and never finished it due to some bugs and other issues I was having. I should go back and finish that one day. These guys reputation speaks for itself though and to get a game from them built for VR... I'm in. I backed it. I threw in a little extra since they're so far from their goal. Hope it makes it.
    Obduction has gone through many updates since launch. Most to fix bugs/annoyances and some to enhance the story. I plan to replay it soon!
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,823 Valuable Player
    I backed to the digital connoisseur level.
    WAAAGH!
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    Still needs quite some backers, and it's time to step up.
    $40.000 to go .... Be helpful if you can.

Be good, die great !
    Yes, it's almost there!

If you're reading this and haven't backed the project... c'mon now, even the lowest tier is affordable. Do it and I will send free nudes...

• TadinTadin Posts: 336
    Trinity
    I've backed it, hopefully it'll get across the line !!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 8,054 Valuable Player
    It'll make it easily I think. I backed it for $59 last week  B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Yea it's down to like 2k now, should make it.
    Now less than 500...
    edited April 2019
    And it made it. B)
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    FUNDED ! :D
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

I have no words for that Gif.......
    WAAAGH!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,110 Valuable Player
    Seems like I don't have to rush finishing Obduction  o:) Firmament seems to have been delayed to 2022:

https://www.roadtovr.com/myst-studios-upcoming-vr-adventure-firmament-delayed-beyond-2021/
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MushroomiesMushroomies Posts: 201
    Nexus 6
    edited July 14
    RuneSR2 said:
    Seems like I don't have to rush finishing Obduction  o:) Firmament seems to have been delayed to 2022:

https://www.roadtovr.com/myst-studios-upcoming-vr-adventure-firmament-delayed-beyond-2021/
    Yes, That is a depressing about the delay.
    I became a backer when it first started up. I have played all the Myst related games and still have them all. Well, I would prefer they do it right the first time rather then to make it as to where you need an update every few days. I just wonder if they actually received enough money through the backing to complete it since it has been delayed. In the mean time, I will just place my hand in a book and teleport to another Age  :p
    I'm 100% okay with this. After that fk'ing Steam Summer sale, I won't get through my backlog until 2022 anyway.
    I was strong this year and I didnt soend monet in the steam sale.
    ....... Mostly because I have a huge backlog already and the gMes I want will be cheaper during the winter sale.  ;)
    WAAAGH!
    edited July 14
    Morgrum said:
    I have a huge backlog already

Sounds hawt.
    But seriously, I told myself that due to my existing backlog, there's no way in hell I would start purchasing any new software from the Steam Summer Sale.
    That turned in to...
    Well let's see if there's at least 1 good title that is 80% or more cheaper.
    Found one! Maybe there's another, this is dirt cheap. Practically it's like spending no money at all.
    Oh shit, I just found an entire new genre of games on Sale.
    It's Day 3, and I've already spent $200.
  • Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 370
    Trinity
    edited July 16
    pyroth309 said:
    Yea I actually got annoyed with Obduction and never finished it due to some bugs and other issues I was having. I should go back and finish that one day.
    You should get updates. They have fixed lot's of bugs according to change log.

Delay.. it seems like they could publish first part of game. Some of people have not finish their previous game so they will not notice next one is not complete :lol: