New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Firmament Kickstarter is live (Cyan Worlds next VR Game)

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,604 Valuable Player

Less than 1 hour ago, the Kickstarter for the next game in the series behind Myst, Riven, and Obdcution has launched: Firmament. This is being built for Virtual Reality.

As most people know, I'm a huge fan of all things Myst and Cyan. I backed their last Kickstarter which was successful, and I'm now the proud owner of a Myst Linking Book Replica. I rarely support the backing of anything that involves $$$, but I'll be backing this one. I'm backing it, hard.
Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,776 Valuable Player
    I saw this trailer and immediately thought of Zelatorbane. And here we are right on cue.  :D

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,604 Valuable Player

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    Looks awesome! Also reminds me that I still need to go back and finish Obduction  (I don't think I even got that far into it.)

Hopefully they've made the motion controls feel better than they did in Obduction; I think that was one of the reasons I lost interest, despite how gorgeously detailed and fascinating the game world was.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    I just backed it :) Obduction's VR implementation was no so great, but it's such a great game ! Firmament is built for VR, so I'm very confident with the result. The wait will be long now...
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    I just backed it :) Obduction's VR implementation was no so great, but it's such a great game ! Firmament is built for VR, so I'm very confident with the result. The wait will be long now...
    Yea I actually got annoyed with Obduction and never finished it due to some bugs and other issues I was having. I should go back and finish that one day. These guys reputation speaks for itself though and to get a game from them built for VR... I'm in. I backed it. I threw in a little extra since they're so far from their goal. Hope it makes it.
    Obduction has gone through many updates since launch. Most to fix bugs/annoyances and some to enhance the story. I plan to replay it soon!
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,654 Valuable Player
    I backed to the digital connoisseur level.
    WAAAGH!
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,197
    Wintermute
    Still needs quite some backers, and it's time to step up.
    $40.000 to go .... Be helpful if you can.

Be good, die great !
    Yes, it's almost there!

If you're reading this and haven't backed the project... c'mon now, even the lowest tier is affordable. Do it and I will send free nudes...

• TadinTadin Posts: 304
    Trinity
    I've backed it, hopefully it'll get across the line !!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,113 Valuable Player
    It'll make it easily I think. I backed it for $59 last week  B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    Yea it's down to like 2k now, should make it.
    Now less than 500...
    edited April 25
    And it made it. B)
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    FUNDED ! :D
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,654 Valuable Player
    I have no words for that Gif.......
    WAAAGH!