New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

APP/Game's Feedback and Critique Megathread (things that irritate you in otherwise great content)

MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,457
3Jane
edited April 2 in Games and Apps
BEAT SABER - still not added Custom Songs feature with Auto-Mapping (like BOXVR) yet is a Mod plus you made the Sabers hollow. That sucks!

BIGSCREEN
- The point of the scenes is what? Why need to use Right Thumb Button to close menu we did not open and then Desktop need Button B to close arrow on Desktop we did not open? It sucks!

DANCE COLLIDER - still got the hideously loud BEEP for menu selections. The dancers don't follow any moves to the actual trail. Although I know you want to make it better, these still suck even after today's Update!

DOOM VFR - we must use AutoHotkey to get Smooth Loco working. It's time it was officially brought to Rift. It sucks if it breaks it again!

ECHO VR
- Please just rid the Dinosaur to get outside the Map Easter Egg. Most of time I enter there are most players outside the bloody map and not interested to join Combat/Arena! That sucks!

ECHO COMBAT - No Dynamic Analogue Joystick control as if we are playing with an XBOX Controller. What was the point of all the control on the Touch we bought them for? It is well worth it and still much better than Space Junkies but this one thing sucks so much!

ELITE:DANGEROUS - For Joystick 16000M, the Slider if on full/off OR moving prevents Mouse appearing in GalMap. We need to set it at 90% Axis to then view the Target Circle. It sucks!

GOOGLE EARTH - Seriously, using a grab and drag to turn? WTF that just sucks!

IN DEATH - OK it started as an Archery Game but they attack us in close combat with Swords. We could do with a Sword as it sucks!

MAGIC TABLE CHESS - We can change seats but it doesn't turn the chess board. That sucks!

ROBO RECALL - we need to use the Mod for Smooth Loco which can break the follow-on screens. That sucks it still hasn't got it officially!

SPACE JUNKIES - The movement and binds for Touch for this are hideous as is the menu method. It sucks!

Feel free to add to the list. No need to discuss or argue on mine. Just add yours which is the point to this thread as a LIST OF SHAME to help improve our enjoyment.
Besides all that. I'm very happy thanks ;)

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    I would advise you to contact the developers of each title via their support channels with your feedback.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,780 Valuable Player
    edited March 29
    I'm happy that someone finally told the Elite and Doom VFR devs - now everything will be fixed in no time - awesome!  :)

Image result for thinking that something will work and it doesnt

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,457
    3Jane
    Well there seems to be this compiling list so I created a list. The DEVs don't fix these when asked so I think this is good for motivation purposes. I am very happy with VR but those niggles hold me going back more so I steer towards what is perfect and I enjoy so as not to be reminded of the inherent weakness they hold.
    I made my own list for all good intentions however funny it is. If I were a DEV I'd not want to be listed and seek to resolve the issues ;)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,115 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:
    Do you ever NOT complain?  Sry but it comes off that way. 

Stop complaining about him complaining...
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    3Jane
    Nobody else likes to add to the list huh? Just the usual LOLs and no offence taken by the way. Seems those that want perfection are very rare OR have been put off trying. If Oculus wants great success it needs greater perfection by these standards before it falls apart. It's reckless to leave VR in an unfinished state like these.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,298 Valuable Player
    Probably not the best medium for this type of thing. Either reddit or Steam Forums is best, since Developers read those locations the most.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,792 Valuable Player
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Nobody else likes to add to the list huh? Just the usual LOLs and no offence taken by the way. Seems those that want perfection are very rare OR have been put off trying. If Oculus wants great success it needs greater perfection by these standards before it falls apart. It's reckless to leave VR in an unfinished state like these.
    Those who seek perfection are fools...because such a thing doesn’t exist. 

A saying that I was taught growing up. Good and true advice. 
    3Jane
    edited March 29
    The most common theme being Touch Smooth Loco. It's as though DEVs were not given a good example in the Oculus Demos. Well it showed us to control our finger & thumb and at least THE CLIMB used the dynamic Grip on Difficult Mode which makes you work so much harder for lasting stamina. Oh, there were no Smooth Loco Demos and they all choose the Transport method as adopted from DK2 due to thinking we'd get Motion Sickness as if everyday day of 3years was our first!!! (I been sick once as was my VR graduating ceremony)
    It's just insane and profoundly disappointing that games have not considered the full potential of Touch, especially whilst Knuckles is out, and even now Rift S will use Finger Tracking in the very near future! Will it get used??? I think NOT!
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 562
    Neo
    snowdog said:
    Digikid1 said:

Stop complaining about him complaining about him complaining!  Kids today!!!
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    Neo
    Just as a total aside - DOOM VFR works flawlessly with an Xbox controller - even if the gun you are using is attached to your head...
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, Gigabyte GTX 1080, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Corsair Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD 3K screen)
    3Jane
    edited April 1
    Just out of interest @RattyUK, does the XBOX use Dynamic Analogue Joystick control on Doom or any other? Sure I got the Oculus one supplied but never use it. It does SUCK Devs didn't utilize the full capability of Touch. Sure I use the Mod but it could break again from an update.
    Neo
    @MAC_MAN86 ; - I have to say I haven't noticed how well implemented joystick control is on Doom VFR - I had accidentally left the stick plugged in from playing Dirt Rally when I started playing...  things got hectic real fast and I had a ball!
    I'll check it out next time I play - if I can find a quieter spot to mess around in :)

B) snowdog said:
    Digikid1 said:

Let me think about that....

Nope. 
    Digikid1 said:
    B) snowdog said:
    Digikid1 said:

Nope. 

Well I'm going to complain about you thinking about it and saying nope.

I think the mods need to ban you for this behaviour. Bloody troublemaker!!!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

3Jane
    I got 3 Updates today...
    1. Dance Collider - any fixes for reported bugs? NOPE just as the last update. Sucks!
    2. Echo VR - the "SuperUltraHyperTurbo" April Fool's Update. No fix for Dynamic Analogue Joysticks. Sucks!
    3. Beat Saber - the altered Hollow Sabers now feature some sparking effect within them. Very cool and much better than the older solid sabers. Well done! Now add Auto-Mapping of Custom Songs like BOXVR!
    snowdog said:
    Digikid1 said:
    B) snowdog said:
    Digikid1 said:

Nope. 

Well I'm going to complain about you thinking about it and saying nope.

I think the mods need to ban you for this behaviour. Bloody troublemaker!!!

I will allow this thread to continue under one condition for now: @MAC_MAN86 please re-think the title of the thread so it's less incendiary, perhaps "Game's feedback and critique Megathread", that would be much appreciated.  
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

3Jane
    I'm sure the present community realize all the light humour is being social. It may look messy to new-comers but fear not, no incendiaries are intended to hurt feelings, it's a great community spirit. Thank you @LZoltowski.
    3Jane
    I take that's a self-motivation kick and plug at the same time hehe. So it works ;)
    Yup, there's another sale on the Unreal Marketplace at the moment so I might get my hands on some hands during the next few days.

I was going to make my own but I don't think my modelling and animation skills are quite up to it.

Thanks @MAC_MAN86 much appreciated.

i love you GIF

3Jane
    VRCHAT - although Walking has Dynamic Analogue Joystick control, Turning doesn't but is same as ECHO VR with a switched ON/OFF. That sucks!