cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest will be 499.00 for many people.

inovator
Consultant
I was hoping the 128 gb would be 50 dollars more but I guess that's life in the big city.
21 REPLIES 21

LZoltowski
Champion
Huh?

jennifer lopez what GIF by NBC World Of Dance
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
Oculus GO 32GB vs 64GB is a difference of $50 ... double that for Quest since it's 64GB vs 128GB ... 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

inovator
Consultant
You are correct of course but I was still hoping. Oculus went for the money grab instead of giving us an SD card option. I always believed if you go more than half way you go all the way. 500 dollar cost for me. But I'll just kick and scream through the purchase.

LZoltowski
Champion

inovator said:

You are correct of course but I was still hoping. Oculus went for the money grab instead of giving us an SD card option. I always believed if you go more than half way you go all the way. 500 dollar cost for me. But I'll just kick and scream through the purchase.

Running apps from SD on Android is notoriously bad tho. For storing movies? Maybe ... but you can stream that if you need to from PC.

Be kind to one another 🙂

inovator
Consultant
Thanks for the info. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

inovator said:

Running apps from SD on Android is notoriously bad tho. For storing movies? Maybe ... but you can stream that if you need to from PC.

I am 50/50 - but agree - customers will try and pick a cheaper option for SD cards and that could result in games not functioning correctly and then getting the customer upset when its not anyone else fault xD I remember back in the day that happening soo much. Customers couldn't understand and didn't want to buy the higher speed options because of price. They just wanted more storage was their only thought, but when it didn't work for them - it was everyone else fault. Now, I think it be a good idea to maybe do some sort of cloud storage though - that be a cool option as far as saving states for a game. This way you can play whatever game you want - but still save your progress along the way.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
But $500 may translate to something like €550 - 600, which would be quite expensive for many common users. Then Quest 128GB = PS4 + PSVR. I guess that opens up for quite a lot of new perspectives - and PSVR could be a great contender... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

inovator
Consultant

RuneSR2 said:

But $500 may translate to something like €550 - 600, which would be quite expensive for many common users. Then Quest 128GB = PS4 + PSVR. I guess that opens up for quite a lot of new perspectives - and PSVR could be a great contender... 

I think your a little confused. Playstation vr is wired vr so it's not a contender. It would be competitive amongst other wired headsets.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

inovator said:

RuneSR2 said:

I think your a little confused. Playstation vr is wired vr so it's not a contender. It would be competitive amongst other wired headsets.

I'm not at all confused - and I'm pretty sure what my kids would choose if I asked them if we should get Quest or PSVR - but I'm not gonna do that 😉 Interesting how Quest 128GB will sell, if the price in Europe gets close to €600. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"