New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Valve Index - Specifications released.

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,742 Valuable Player
    edited June 2019
    Dont bring me into your Angry Birds fascination.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,235 Valuable Player
    edited June 2019
    Just when you thought it was safe to buy a headset  :D

https://www.roadtovr.com/samsung-reportedly-release-multiple-ar-vr-products-coming-months/?fbclid=IwAR1DaPWMcaJGStq-DbYNpbA5llhkIO_u8c9tNwxWR9FEhkpRIKE8HJ70ohU

I heard a lot good things about Samsung Odyssey+ and if they have an updated version hmmmmm
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 843
    3Jane

https://www.roadtovr.com/samsung-reportedly-release-multiple-ar-vr-products-coming-months/?fbclid=IwAR1DaPWMcaJGStq-DbYNpbA5llhkIO_u8c9tNwxWR9FEhkpRIKE8HJ70ohU

I heard a lot good things about Samsung Odyssey+ and if they have an updated version hmmmmm
     I read they've recently teamed up with AMD to put Radeon tech into their mobile devices...

“AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced a multi-year strategic partnership in ultra low power, high performance mobile graphics IP based on AMD Radeon graphics technologies. As part of the partnership, Samsung will license AMD graphics IP and will focus on advanced graphics technologies and solutions that are critical for enhancing innovation across mobile applications including smartphones.”

https://venturebeat.com/2019/06/05/amd-and-samsung-a-match-made-for-mobile-gaming/
  • jabjab Posts: 211
    Nexus 6
    Zenbane said:
    Ben Lang from RoadtoVR

Index headphones are so good... compared to Quest and Rift S it’s like the difference between a 4:3 SDTV and a 16:9 HDTV. The floating design is also genius. You don’t even know you’re ‘wearing’ headphones.

You think everything is better than an Oculus product though, so doesn't count for much. I mean... you even think your Pimax 8K is giving you 4K per eye, despite math and science telling you otherwise!
    I didn’t realise you thought I was Ben from RoadtoVR.

When someone is trying to attacking the messenger instead of the message, it usually means they are running out of valid counter arguments. Or they'r just not being very nice and a trying to create drama..
    edited June 2019
    jab said:
    When someone is trying to attacking the messenger instead of the message, it usually means they are running out of valid counter arguments. Or they'r just not being very nice and a trying to create drama..

Some people intentionally seek out negative messages that suit their agenda, because they have run out of valid positive contributions. Or they're just not being very nice and trying to create drama... under a second account after their first account was banned for the same behavior.
    <3
    edited June 2019
    Whether @ParadoxAnomaly is Atmos or not @Techy111 he has been well behaved in this thread at least. However some have constantly attacked and tried to goad him into arguments.

If you decide to ban him then that is of course up to you but until then, people should be warned for attacking him after every comment. Personally I am a great believer in redemption. 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,277 Valuable Player

I read that like being only about GearVR, not PCVR. The info has been available for about a week and has kept me from buying GearVR for my new Samsung S10+ phone. Maybe I'll get some GearVR anyway, but I'm not happy about supporting phoneVR, so this it soooo difficult for me :#  :D  
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    edited June 2019
    RuneSR2 said:

I read that like being only about GearVR, not PCVR. The info has been available for about a week and has kept me from buying GearVR for my new Samsung S10+ phone. Maybe I'll get some GearVR anyway, but I'm not happy about supporting phoneVR, so this it soooo difficult for me :#  :D  
    Yeah maybe you are right, they only launched the Plus last October, I just read this bit 'In short: Samsung has more AR/VR products coming down the pipeline.'  

However I reckon the HP Reverb is going to take a big bite out of their market share, there is certainly a demand for high spec HMD with better tracking. Can WMR support more cameras or is it fixed to just two in the software side?
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    Whether @ParadoxAnomaly is Atmos or not @Techy111 he has been well behaved in this thread at least. However some have constantly attacked and tried to goad him into arguments.

If you decide to ban him then that is of course up to you but until then, people should be warned for attacking him after every comment. Personally I am a great believer in redemption. 
    If ongoing investigations get concluded then mr atmo.....sorry paradox, will be banned immediately ok ? If he came here under a different user name and redeemed himself by apologising or whatever then that's another matter. But no.....stealth mode it is, cowardly imo
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Either way of your personal feelings, you should either ban him or uphold the forum rules. 
    Thanks for the input.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

No offense meant Techy of course, just my opinion

edited June 2019
    I know fella, none taken.

Atmos and I recently got in to an argument on the AV Forums (in recent weeks) and he rallied to get me banned from there. I am giving him somewhat of a hard time as a way of saying "thanks!" Coupled with the fact that it is very much against the forum rules to create a new account after being banned. If he wants to post again, then he should do the proper thing and request that his Atmos account get unbanned. Instead, he is masquerading as someone else while actively refusing to admit that it is him even though we all know it at this point.

As for him being goaded... it was Atmos who started goading me when he became active with his new Account:
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/670548/#Comment_670548

I know your bias hit you hard when you pre-ordered the Index, but you may want to check your facts first.

Just because you now favor his viewpoints doesn't mean he is actually being well-behaved. He is still focusing all his attention on negative Oculus rhetoric:

If you decide to ban him then that is of course up to you but until then, people should be warned for attacking him after every comment.

Again, check your facts. I only started paying attention to this "Paradox" account because he started singling me out when he became active. And my comments to him hardly qualify as an attack. If anything, you should probably have been warned several times for abandoning the actual topic and continuously making things personal.

Personally I am a great believer in redemption.

You might want to look up the definition of "redemption" before you base your belief system around it. Redemption doesn't happen under a fake identity. If Atmos wants redemption, then he should come clean. Any semblance of "good behavior" under his Paradox account is only the result of him trying to fool people in to believing it's not really him. Which is getting harder to do since he seems to be having a hard time controlling himself lately.

I'm sure he appreciates your support though. I didn't realize that pre-ordering Index came with a Pro-Atmos T-Shirt! You wear it well lol

edited June 2019
    I would also say the rules should especially apply to people who have attacked been a pain in the arse to at least 4 people in this thread.
    edited June 2019
    I would also say the rules should apply to people who have attached at least 4 people in this thread.

Using the word "attack" simply because you disagree with an opinion is a bit silly. But if you really feel attacked, then instead of derailing the thread, just send a PM to the Mods. There's a process for that stuff. So far, you have been the most consistent poster in this thread who derails by abandoning the topic entirely and making things personal.

Here's a good example of a personal attack you launched:
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/682480/#Comment_682480
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,158 Valuable Player
    I only want to attack people in vr fps games.
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,576 Valuable Player
    edited June 2019
    Also this

Also Onward is 50% off right now on Steam. 
    You always get a free pass Snowdog  :D
    edited June 2019
    As I said if the moderators are sure it is him and they wish to ban him then just do it. Otherwise until proven or he acts in the same way, a user should be afforded the same rules as any other user. 

It is particularly annoying when we are trying to discuss the index (in the index post) and some people are constantly trying to start old arguments.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,391 Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2019

It can't be proven so on that basis there never will be a ban.

It took 3 years of constant low level baiting with occasional blatant rule braking to eventually result in a ban here. If it takes another 3 years to end up in the same conclusion again, then be prepared for 3 years of the kind of old arguments that you're objecting to.

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.592)
    It is highly probable it is Atmos, it would be funny if it actually was somebody else who decided to go along with it for a laugh. However so far the only disruption I have seen is people personally attacking him. I have not been in every thread though.

It appears Open Season has been granted though, so I wouldn't worry about my opinion.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,391 Volunteer Moderator
    It may appear open season... but it took 3 seasons to arrive at this point.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.592)
    edited June 2019
    It feels like it. 61 pages of it and its getting old.
This discussion has been closed.