Oculus Rift application crashing when menu background graphics loads — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift application crashing when menu background graphics loads

VisonilVisonil Posts: 2
NerveGear
I bought an Oculus Rift a week ago and it's been a nightmare to set up. The main problem is that when I launch anything except the infinite white background the application crashes. I have update every driver on my machine as well as Windows and BIOS. I have tried different older version of the USB controller driver and the Display adapter, but that didn't help at all. I have also tried several other things like installing the software without Windows Defender on or even Firewall. The Rift itself works fine as I tested it on a friends computer with absolutely no problem. 

My specs are: i7 6700k CPU, AMD R9 390 and ASUS Z170k motherboard. 

I've read about problems with the ASMedia USB Controller driver, but I haven't been able to find a definitive fix for these problems and I'm not even sure they are related. 

I'm willing to try almost everything and I'm looking for any other suggestions you might have. 

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• VisonilVisonil Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Bump
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 291 Oculus Staff

Hey Visonil, I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your Rift. I don't believe the ASMedia USB controller driver is related to your issue. Could you please collect your Oculus diagnostics logs and create a support ticket so we can look into this for you? Instructions on collecting logs are available here https://support.oculus.com/172672339980954 . Thanks! -Rick