Will there ever be a Robo Recall 2? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will there ever be a Robo Recall 2?

Theguru43Theguru43 Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited April 1 in General
The original is still to this very day one of the best VR titles out there and im sure if there was a sequal millions of peole would cough up the cash to play it!!

Please Facebook & Epic games make this happen there is money to made here!!

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Will there be SMOOTH LOCO?
  • fredrick8763fredrick8763 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    maybe in upcoming years they will release sequel for robo recall 2, it is the most popular game on oculus vr, just hope and dream about it.
  • Theguru43Theguru43 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Really hope so it’s so good...it really shows what can be achieved...as for smooth loco...I don’t think our eyes can’t handle it...doom VFR had it, on the PSVR not sure about the PC and it was ok for a while then it made you feel ill its odd
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    Theguru43 said:
    Really hope so it’s so good...it really shows what can be achieved...as for smooth loco...I don’t think our eyes can’t handle it...doom VFR had it, on the PSVR not sure about the PC and it was ok for a while then it made you feel ill its odd
    Well you can play Robo Recall with full locomotion with a mod but it kinda makes it too easy lol. But there's a bunch of games that have it and I've played them all fine. Just depends on the person.

Off top of my head on PC - DoomVFR, Serious Sam FE, SE, SS3, Doom 3, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Dead effect 2, Karnage Chronicles, Island 359, Pavlov, Onward, From Other Suns, The Wizards, Sairento, Robinson:the Journey, Raw Data, Arizona Sunshine and there's a bunch more I can't think of. So yea, I hope a sequel to Robo happens at some point and that it's a lot longer. 
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,200
    Wintermute
    Yeah I'd be up for that, would purchase instantly. But they should also make more content for the first game. I'd like more levels and more bosses to fight. Maybe even a horde mode where the enemies just keep coming forever.

I'm quite surprised they haven't given us any DLC yet considering the popularity of this game.
    UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,979 Valuable Player
    i really need to play roborecall.
    like most of my games i fired up for 30 mins thought "this is nice" and never went back to it.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • MikeFMikeF Posts: 672
    Neo
    its unlikely since epic is focused on fortnight. they didnt even handle the quest port
    Wintermute
    edited April 2
    MikeF said:
    its unlikely since epic is focused on fortnight. they didnt even handle the quest port

Who did the port for then?

Surely there's millions of pounds to be made from doing more Robo Recall, or perhaps Oculus can pay them or someone else to do it?
    Neo
    edited April 2
    cant say, but its def. not epic. Oculus paid them the first time around, and it wasnt cheap so another round of dev costs i'm sure isnt high on oculus' priority list
    Wintermute
    There was a post yesterday saying Robo Recall has over 5,000 reviews and is the first VR game in the world to do so, so I'm guessing it's their most successful VR game of all time, so you would think they would want to make Robo Recall future proof and keep it going for years to come to try and sell more HMD's. 

Neo
    Oh i agree its a fantastic game i just dont think its in the cards for now. It was largely a free game for most users since it came with touch activation, and it being a platform exclusive revive would be the only way for non rift users to play so i doubt they've even come close to recouping their investment
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,606
    Project 2501
    edited April 3
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    I wonder.. if a sequel IS made, will it be a (timed) exclusive to the Epic Games Store instead of Oculus Home?

I'd prefer to keep my VR games on a VR-specific platform,  but it's possible I'd buy a Robo Recall 2 straight from Epic games, if it meant not waiting six months or w/e for the Oculus Home release.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
    So, when RR 1st launched one of the cool things about it was the modding ability.  Did this end up being pretty limited to just skins and weapons?
    I was kind of expecting completely new games to be community made to be honest, much like back in the day didnt counterstrike start as a HL mod, and team fortress and dayz etc
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Wintermute
    MowTin said:

What is that exactly?
    Wintermute
    So, when RR 1st launched one of the cool things about it was the modding ability.  Did this end up being pretty limited to just skins and weapons?
    I was kind of expecting completely new games to be community made to be honest, much like back in the day didnt counterstrike start as a HL mod, and team fortress and dayz etc

Yeah I know what you mean, there is one guy making a Star Wars mod for Robo Recall but I think it's been over a year already and it's still not ready, it could be another year until it's finished, hopefully he does finish it eventually.
    Project 2501
    MowTin said:

What is that exactly?
    It's a Unreal Engine demo. I think they used the Robo Recall assets. 

I wish it was Robo Recall 2 :) Maybe? 
  • zork2001zork2001 Posts: 539
    Trinity
    Robo Recall is probably the best VR game created to date but if you only play it once you might not see it. The first time you play it it comes off as to frantic while you desperately try to kill everything with you pistils. I recommend not using your guns at all; instead practice teleporting around, grabbing them ripping them apart, throw their own bullets back at them, take their own gun from their hand toss them in the air and shoot them. This will relax you and allow you to appreciate all the work it took to create this city and all the seamless animation they put into creating all the enemies.
    Project 2501
    It would be nice to have a Robo Recall full campaign instead of the wave shooter we have now. 

We need more than wave shooters in VR. Arizona Sunshine is one of the few first person full campaign games. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,591 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    It would be nice to have a Robo Recall full campaign instead of the wave shooter we have now. 

We need more than wave shooters in VR. Arizona Sunshine is one of the few first person full campaign games. 
    I would heartily agree with that!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • AekeroAekero Posts: 124
    Art3mis
    I'd love if they just had an expansion. Pay a level designer for a year, use existing enemies... Robo recall definitely felt like one of the defining experiences for me but it was just too short.
  • Th4Sing3Th4Sing3 Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    edited September 4

@Wildt !!!
    this video gives me goose bumps !
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,021 Valuable Player
    Too bad it will probably never look that good.

I like!!!!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,989 Valuable Player
    How the FUCK did I miss this?!!?!?

This is what happens when you start developing a game and then take a break for AGES. You miss all the good stuff!!!

I'd put good money on Oculus and Epic announcing Robo Recall 2 at OC6, might take a bit of attention from Valve announcing The Lab 2 in September lol :D :p :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
    I think it is just an engine demo, afaik it is not a real game.

(i would love to be wrong however)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,591 Valuable Player
    Wow!!

I sure hope this is an upcoming sequel , I would be all over that !!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,958 Valuable Player
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • Th4Sing3Th4Sing3 Posts: 112
    Art3mis
    @Wildt Lolll i was on another planet  :D