Will sairento VR work totally with rift S tracking ? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will sairento VR work totally with rift S tracking ?

netshamannetshaman Posts: 73
Hiro Protagonist
This game have a particularity : there is one type of sheath positionned on the back at the bottom of the spine that allows an UZI or a GLAIVE to be sheated here, but will it be inaccessible to rift S users  because of inside out tracking  simply NOT working at this place ?
Had anyone tested this ?
Thx.

Answers

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,840 Valuable Player
    Nobody knows for sure until Rift -S becomes available.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,373 Valuable Player
    I haven't tried Sairento specifically, but usually those "grab something from your back" moves don't require a lot of positional accuracy. Even if you lose positional tracking while reaching back, the buttons still work, so if you put your hand behind your back and press the grab button, you should end up with the weapon in your hand. Bring it back into view, and you should be good to go.

I think the bigger problem will be with games like Echo VR or The Climb, where you're using hand-based locomotion. In those cases, the hand that's out of view while holding onto the environment needs accurate positional tracking, because you're using it to move yourself around. If the motion isn't tracked, then suddenly you've lost locomotion--you can't throw yourself off the wall or jump to the next handhold while looking where you're going.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • netshamannetshaman Posts: 73
    Hiro Protagonist
    I need to investigate further when it comes out  then ,  i will buy it at a parial price to test it , and then after re-send it to the reseller .
    Then  if it is to my taste i will sale my current Rift and rebuy an S at full price instead of partial payment in many times...
  • LujhoLujho Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    edited April 21
    nalex66 said:
    I haven't tried Sairento specifically, but usually those "grab something from your back" moves don't require a lot of positional accuracy. Even if you lose positional tracking while reaching back, the buttons still work, so if you put your hand behind your back and press the grab button, you should end up with the weapon in your hand. Bring it back into view, and you should be good to go.

I think the bigger problem will be with games like Echo VR or The Climb, where you're using hand-based locomotion. In those cases, the hand that's out of view while holding onto the environment needs accurate positional tracking, because you're using it to move yourself around. If the motion isn't tracked, then suddenly you've lost locomotion--you can't throw yourself off the wall or jump to the next handhold while looking where you're going.
    What is the *actual* horizontal field of tracking for the S though? It's got to be WAY bigger than the FOV. Those sideways facing cameras mean it's definitely more than 180 degrees. Might be something like 270. You might have to deliberately contort yourself in a way you never actually would to even get the controller out of the field of tracking in games like The Climb. Hold one hand out as far behind you as you can, then turn your head in the opposite direction as far is comfortable. The angle between your direction of view and your arm will only be about 120 degrees. I feel like tracking would be fine in that case.

In cases where your hand is truly behind your back (as in, right behind your lower back) then yeah, there will be a problem, but how often does that naturally occur, even in those games?