cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which VR HMD will you buy next? - Rift S - Valve Index - Quest etc

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hi guys, since we now know that Valve Index and Rift S will be released very soon, I was curious to see where everyone in the community currently stands on their next purchase.

I've tried to give as many options as possible below and included bundles with Quest + Rift S and Quest + Valve Index since I'm guessing many in the community will be buying more then one HMD just as I plan to myself.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
156 REPLIES 156

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting a Quest - but as for my main VR headset - I am unsure yet. The Quest for me is going to be used to play games with my nephews. 

pyroth309
Visionary
Can't answer until I know more about the Index. The HTC Cosmos thing probably isn't even a factor for me. Only one I'm pretty much decided on is Quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I voted for Valve Index, based on what I know at this time that will be the one I get.
Anything is subject to change, but certainly leaning very strong to it.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
CV2 im good with what I have and I can wait.
WAAAGH!

CrashFu
Consultant
Polls like this will be a lot more useful AFTER they reveal some meaningful details about the Index and a pricetag for it, don'tcha think?  Not like everyone can change their answer afterwards.  :tongue:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

ShocksVR
Superstar
No option for Rift-S and perhaps Index based on price (Rift-S + Index). So didn't vote
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I’m happy with my cv1 so I’ll probably wait for a proper generation 2.0 headset to be released.  No gen 1.5 for me, lol!

I’m also happy with my Oculus Go.  Esp for media, web browsing, quick VR fixes, and it’s soooo handy/compact for travel.  I don’t think I will upgrade my Go until mobile VR has enough power to handle more sophisticated flight sims (eg. Xp11) and Google Earth VR.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I'm about 70% sure I'll be getting the Rift-S (or is that 30% unsure).
But I'll vote when I get more details... rather than voting that I need more details.

Sorry to be so complex.

Edit: I voted for the Quest cos that's pretty much a definite... can't change votes later to Quest + Rift-S can we!

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Definately gonna buy a Quest. 
 Also quite sure im getting Rift-S ... Index, need to learn more.
Be good, die great !