New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How to watch Netflix???

seipher09seipher09 Posts: 6
NerveGear
Is there a way to watch Netflix on the oculus rift?

I tried big screen, as much as I liked it the video quality was awful as it did not work with the Netflix app (Just a black screen, no sound) so I can through chrome but it was very low quality.

Is there a way to watch Netflix in high quality on the rift? I love the idea of watching shows in VR and was curious if there was a good way to make it work?

Comments

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,566 Valuable Player
    They have a dedicated app for the Oculus Go, but as for watching it on Rift, I think via browser through Bigscreen or similar (including an Oculus Dash window, or cast to a TV prop in your Oculus home) is your only option.

Strange that the quality was so low for you, though.  Do you have one of the Netflix plans that allow for HD streaming, or just the Standard subscription?  Video in below-HD quality tends to not look great on the original Rift..
    Anxiously awaiting the Rift-S.
  • seipher09seipher09 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    CrashFu said:
    They have a dedicated app for the Oculus Go, but as for watching it on Rift, I think via browser through Bigscreen or similar (including an Oculus Dash window, or cast to a TV prop in your Oculus home) is your only option.

Strange that the quality was so low for you, though.  Do you have one of the Netflix plans that allow for HD streaming, or just the Standard subscription?  Video in below-HD quality tends to not look great on the original Rift..
    Seems like through chrome it will only run at 720P for some odd reason
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,106
    Wintermute
    To watch Netflix I use Firefox and Virtual Desktop (similar to BigScreen but pay software and far better quality IMO). Work perfectly. The Netflix App don't work due to DRM (Netflix restriction).

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1