cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update won't install, keeps saying that I don't have space

DaBest1222
Explorer
So for about 1 or 2 or 3 months now, I've been having a problem with the Oculus app. It keeps saying "Sorry, we're having trouble updating Oculus. Please make sure that you have at least 12.00 GB of disk space free, or visit Oculus Support to get help.", even though I do have enough space.

At first, I tried reinstalling Oculus onto my D drive, since my C drive was running low on space; but the message still appeared. So today; after having lag and assuming that it may be because of the update not installing; I reinstalled Oculus onto my E drive, which has 90 GB of space (which is way more than 12 GB), yet the message still popped up. Is there any way to fix this or force the update to install?
If H3VR is compatible with the Oculus Rift, why does Steam not say it is?
Top 10 Questions Scientists Still Can't Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either my Drive is dying or there was a Windows Update that corrupted Oculus Updates. What was that thread on this?

sford52
Heroic Explorer
It could also be that it still needs more C: file space than you have available (it uses C: for temp update). Try to clean up your C: drive, get rid of any junk and empty the recycle bin.
Please see @LZoltowski thread: Having Oculus Rift Setup issues? The ultimate guide.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

DaBest1222
Explorer
Update: After participating in the Public Test Channel, Oculus updated to the beta, aswell as updating the other stuff and the drivers. The banner doesn't appear anymore so I think the problem has been fixed :smiley:
If H3VR is compatible with the Oculus Rift, why does Steam not say it is?
Top 10 Questions Scientists Still Can't Answer