cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASW 2.0 update forces ASW to be always on, any way to switch it off?

smoils
Honored Guest
Before you could have used debug tool that comes with oculus app, oculus tray tool or numpad hotkey to switch asw off.
Since latest update even if you toggle ASW off with any of those methods and it says its off it is in fact still there with irritating "watery" artifacts.

And its not just irritating visually, it is causing issues in some games.

Is this a bug or a new way of things now? Can I please get it off?
6 REPLIES 6

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I just updated to 1.37ptc yesterday and I still seem to be able to control ASW with ctrl+num1-4 keys.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

YoLolo69
Trustee

SOMETIMES I'M STUCK WITH CAPSLOCK, IN YOUR CASE I SUGGEST TO CHECK YOUR NUMLOCK KEY

gu2uqkn36q78.jpg

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

smoils
Honored Guest
It has nothing to do with num keys, num keys only switch settings in debug tool as a hotkey, debug tool shows asw off, if I use num keys it also changes in debug tool, but the thing is when all settings claim ASW is off watery artifacts are still all over the place when performance in game isnt great, thats the thing.

And it used to be properly off up until recent updates.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe you should contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  Hopefully they will be able to help sort this out for you.  Good luck.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

smoils
Honored Guest
Sure, sure its a better place to do it, I just wanted other people to confirm it. Pretty sure if you push your system so that frames drop significantly you will see "watery" artifacts, which shouldnt show if ASW is off.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

smoils said:

Sure, sure its a better place to do it, I just wanted other people to confirm it. Pretty sure if you push your system so that frames drop significantly you will see "watery" artifacts, which shouldnt show if ASW is off.

Actually I tried this again today and I did not seem to have any problems switching ASW options with ctrl+num1-4 keys.  I do not use the Oculus Debug tool or Oculus Tray Tool btw.  I generally just disable ASW with ctrl+num1 for all my games/apps.  I just use in-game settings to control graphics quality of Oculus Store games.  For Steam games I'm using a global SuperSampling = 1.5