New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift no longer available in my country(USA)

When me and a friend went to the Oculus website to order one for him, the order button is gray and message stating that the Oculus Rift is no longer available in my country is displayed. I am in the United States. What is happening?

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,530 Volunteer Moderator
    When me and a friend went to the Oculus website to order one for him, the order button is gray and message stating that the Oculus Rift is no longer available in my country is displayed. I am in the United States. What is happening?
    The Rift is discontinued. The Rift-S is replacing it, but it hasn't been released for sale yet. We should have more info during the F8 conference on april 30 - may 1. Last year's F8 conference was when the Oculus Go went on sale, so it's a good change Rift-S and/or Quest will be released at this F8.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,713 Valuable Player
    edited April 11
    Kind of odd they did not allow for this overlap by having some CV1's to sell until the S was available.
    If someone wants a PC-VR headset today, then Oculus is not a choice.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,374
    Project 2501
    edited April 11
    dburne said:
    Kind of odd they did not allow for this overlap by having some CV1's to sell until the S was available.
    Well at least it seems that Oculus have cv1 inventory.  I just got my replacement cv1 headset today (refurbished, grade b).  Looks like new and works great.  Mine even came with a new headset cable so now I have a spare cable as well! 

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,530 Volunteer Moderator
    dburne said:
    If they did, people would probably complain that they bought a Rift without knowing the Rift-S was coming out the next day.

• MradrMradr Posts: 3,520 Valuable Player
    Even right now, there are several people that reported that is their plan when it release in hopes that they can get a new Rift S without having to be in line. Granted, I dont think it'll work like that - but many EU are already posting how they will and call it a 2 warranty claim lol.
  • Swifty0neSwifty0ne Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    There is always Ebay.
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 812
    3Jane
    edited April 11
    edit
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,669 Valuable Player
    edited April 11
    Mradr said:
    Even right now, there are several people that reported that is their plan when it release in hopes that they can get a new Rift S without having to be in line. Granted, I dont think it'll work like that - but many EU are already posting how they will and call it a 2 warranty claim lol.

You can't replace something just because it has a 2 year warranty. If they deliberately create a fault they won't get jack shit.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    dburne said:
    Agreed and it is very wrong for them to do so. Yes it promises sales of the newer rift but it’s very sneaky and unethical for them to do so.  It’s ALWAYS a better idea to continue a previous model until such a time the newer model has been proven a well made product. Then they have something to fall back on. 

Whoever made that decision  needs a good swift smack upside the head for being dumb. 
  • DuckLuck777DuckLuck777 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    can i not swap the rift for the rift s?
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,669 Valuable Player
    edited May 14

No, but why do you think you could do this?
  • DuckLuck777DuckLuck777 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    RedRizla said:

No, but why do you think you could do this?
    because i got mine in august last year