New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Nintendo Labo: VR Kit

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,744 Valuable Player
Trying something Nintendo with VR.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• TadinTadin Posts: 302
    Trinity
    They are also adding VR to Zelda and Mario i believe, does anyone know if they'll include a strap for the headset, otherwise it wont be that easy to play !!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    This is hilarious. It’s amazing that Nintendo is actually serious about this. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,524 Valuable Player
    This is like... VR by Hasbro
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 554
    Neo
    edited April 11
    Digikid1 said:
    This is hilarious. It’s amazing that Nintendo is actually serious about this. 
    This will be to Vr what the Virtual boy was to mobile vr gaming. lol
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,520 Valuable Player
    FINALLY! A true CV2.0!!! OMG YES!!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    Mradr said:
    FINALLY! A true CV2.0!!! OMG YES!!
    More like 0.000000000000000002
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,697 Valuable Player
    I really am perplexed what impact this will have - either the Nintendo-fandom will get a taste for VR, or this will be like Cardboard with a "neh" kind of attitude after a month of use.
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,524 Valuable Player
    Any kids taking these VR "kits" to school will likely result in an increase in news headlines akin to....

"School bullying sees a sudden rise in numbers"
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 554
    Neo
    kevinw729 said:
    I really am perplexed what impact this will have - either the Nintendo-fandom will get a taste for VR, or this will be like Cardboard with a "neh" kind of attitude after a month of use.
    It is exactly that, google cardboard with a Nintendo price tag, although you have to admire them for having the neck to sell £70 cardboard vr and extra's to switch owners. lol
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,038 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:

I suspect the latter lol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,460 Valuable Player
    Cardboard is PERFECT for kids! Cardboard is INDESTRUCTIBLE! Take it out in the RAIN - take it for a SWIM! There's nothing BETTER  than cardboard! 

"Hi, Nintendo. I'm applying for the position as a salesman for your VR kit - what do you think of my sales pitch?"
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,697 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:
    "Hi, Nintendo. I'm applying for the position as a salesman for your VR kit - what do you think of my sales pitch?"

I am just back from Japan, and the funny thing is that Nintendo do not see this as a major VR initiative, they are "just riding a wave of popularity". When questioned if they would expand the development they just shrugged. They see the Labo VR as just a "Cardboard+" with no master planning beyond that. That said, they may miss our on the second wave sweeping Japan for a dedicated VR all in one (another market Quest may dominate!)
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959