High end oculus vr.. don't hold your breath - Page 14 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

High end oculus vr.. don't hold your breath

18910111214»

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,519 Valuable Player
    I've been in my new home for almost 2 years now. And my 3 sensor setup has remained constant the entire time. The only real maintenance is having to keep them clean from dust. But I would hardly complain about it!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    inovator said:

My brother is like u in that way. Unfortunately most people don't have that tremendous advantage. I have to move my coffee table then move 3 table like shelves in position for the sensors and since they are moved everytime u have to do the sensor set up every time. Then when I finish you have to move everything back. OMG sometimes I'm so into the game it's all of the sudden 1:30 in the morning and my heart sinks when I realize I have to put everything away. I will feel so free with the rift s.
    If you put them in the same spot and close to the same direction you don't really need to run the setup again, it should still work. I actually got better tracking with mine by ignoring setup and pointing them with common sense for max coverage.

• inovatorinovator Posts: 2,066 Valuable Player
    Sometimes I don't have to do the set up again but more time than not I do. And the moving everything is every friggen time omg
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,667 Valuable Player
    While we are on this subject can I just ask why you have to set them up again once the sensors have been moved slightly? Is this because of the guardian getting messed up or something else? I've never understood why they have to be setup again if moved. I have moved my sensors slightly but I've never set them up again, so I'm a bit confused.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,871 Volunteer Moderator
    I noticed a few months ago that my Guardian was misaligned to my play space. upon questioning my wife, she admitted to bumping one of my wall-mounted sensors while cleaning. Tracking was still flawless, but I redid the Guardian set-up to get it back to where it was supposed to be.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,029 Valuable Player
    Yup, I used to move one of my sensors all the time and had no problems, but that may be because I always have my Guardian boundaries switched off.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,519 Volunteer Moderator
    nalex66 said:
    I noticed a few months ago that my Guardian was misaligned to my play space. upon questioning my wife, she admitted to bumping one of my wall-mounted sensors while cleaning. Tracking was still flawless, but I redid the Guardian set-up to get it back to where it was supposed to be.
    If the system is live when the sensors are changed, it tends to pick it up pretty well. You can see the sensors adjust themselves in my Oculus Monitor program. It takes a couple of seconds for it to recalibrate. But if they are turned off when moved, it won't know which one is now wrong.

• inovatorinovator Posts: 2,066 Valuable Player
    I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just me.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    For me it's cat interference;   If the little demon isn't bumping sensors, he's attacking my ankles.  Insight should fix ONE of those problems   (and the passthrough cameras should let me keep an eye on whatever mischief he's up to.).

Now if only guardian would issue automatic warnings for small, furry things entering my vicinity, to help avoid those sneak attacks. :astonished:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    possibly paradox's post is a bit cringeworthy, especially if Netheri is French
    hmmmm, ok potential foot in mouth comment incoming but.... it is a shame, it was / is / will be again a beautiful building with a history... but AFAIK no human life was lost, it is bricks and mortar at the end of the day...... Had it of been an image of grenfell tower or similar I would have agreed with you but..............................

edit.. well i did warn foot in mouth... 1 person injured - a fire fighter.

The know it all "super" Rifter i was referring to is in no way referring to you or  @da@DaftnDirect . Also, I'm not french. Why i would like TOTAL block for the persons we block is that i wouldn't like even read his/her sh*t even as a quoted text on someone elses post. :)
    i7-8700K@4.9GHz, Gigabyte 2080 Gaming OC, Corsair 32gb 3000MHz@3100MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 2 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 cards.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!