New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Seems like the main website is down

inceptionalinceptional Posts: 213
Nexus 6
edited April 14 in General
I can't get the main Oculus website to load, says "This site can't be reached", and it's also causing an issue when I try to open the Oculus desktop app as it can't connect online. My Library can be accessed but the Home, Store and Settings and stuff don't open (says "No Internet Connection").

Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,786 Valuable Player
    Same here.  Windows program refuses to load...mobile app just shows a loading circle on everything....

SOMEONE FEED THE DAMN HAMSTERS!!!!!! :D
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,705 Volunteer Moderator
    There was a global outage of Facebook services. Things should be spinning back up now.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • inceptionalinceptional Posts: 213
    Nexus 6
    edited April 14
    Digikid1 said:
    Same here.  Windows program refuses to load...mobile app just shows a loading circle on everything....

SOMEONE FEED THE DAMN HAMSTERS!!!!!! :D
    Could be a sign they're updating the site to properly cover their new headsets with actual tabs for them at the top and stuff like that. . . .

Edit: It's back up now. Doesn't look like anything has changed; they're still advertising a Rift that is no longer in production or available to buy from the website. Disappointing.
    There was a global outage of Facebook services. Things should be spinning back up now.
    Darn. I was hoping that Facebook was completely destroyed. 

Good to see that everything related to Oculus is back up and running. 
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 4,248 Valuable Player
    Looks like some more free vouchers for Oculus owners on the way!
    P6ftmuw.jpg
    ** New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,859 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:
    LOL...

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
    kevinw729 said:
    It's good to dream but there is a huge difference between a dream and a disillusion.  :D
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,094 Valuable Player
    Dear Oculus, I wasn't able to watch and share my usual cat and dog videos on Facebook earlier today. Fuck you, I'm going to get a real life and real friends instead.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever