Thoughts on the new expressive avatars? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Thoughts on the new expressive avatars?

CreateAtlasCreateAtlas Posts: 2
NerveGear
I think they make a major impact in terms of multiplayer interactions. What does everyone think? 


Comments

  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,685
    3Jane
    edited April 16
    Improves my PokerVR game experience by far!!!
    "Oh hi ladies!"


    "Hey those guys are ogling at us babe"


    "She's mine bitch!"


    "HI LADIES!!!"


  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,685
    3Jane
    edited April 20
    However, the mouths could open more rather than rely on any low mic threshold settings.
    This looks much better with animated hair (tongue and boobs as well). It could get better. Do the eyes actually following the nearest present sound source. If not they should do.





  • LujhoLujho Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    There are a lot of head and hair styles, but It's annoying that I can't quite find one of either that looks enough like me as I'd like. And while it's great you can have no glasses now, it's annoying that you can't have clear ones, only shades. Also, the expressions don't work in Rooms for some reason? That seems like one of the main places you'd want it.

  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 397
    Trinity
    Are these live now, i could not seem to find them in my mirror thing.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,839 Valuable Player
    Lujho said:
    There are a lot of head and hair styles, but It's annoying that I can't quite find one of either that looks enough like me as I'd like. And while it's great you can have no glasses now, it's annoying that you can't have clear ones, only shades. Also, the expressions don't work in Rooms for some reason? That seems like one of the main places you'd want it.

    Agreed. We want NORMAL glasses with NORMAL styled frames. Not ugly sunglasses with hideous frames.....and they are ALL hideous. 
  • LujhoLujho Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    edited April 21
    Digikid1 said:
    Lujho said:
    There are a lot of head and hair styles, but It's annoying that I can't quite find one of either that looks enough like me as I'd like. And while it's great you can have no glasses now, it's annoying that you can't have clear ones, only shades. Also, the expressions don't work in Rooms for some reason? That seems like one of the main places you'd want it.

    Agreed. We want NORMAL glasses with NORMAL styled frames. Not ugly sunglasses with hideous frames.....and they are ALL hideous. 
    Nah, there are some decent frames now - there are some pretty plain ones that closely match up with my boring Rayban frames. It's just the opacity that's the issue.
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 755
    3Jane
    Lujho said:
    There are a lot of head and hair styles, but It's annoying that I can't quite find one of either that looks enough like me as I'd like. And while it's great you can have no glasses now, it's annoying that you can't have clear ones, only shades. Also, the expressions don't work in Rooms for some reason? That seems like one of the main places you'd want it.

    I found it oddly limited myself. I'm more of an always 3 day beard (scruff) guy. Ya no.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,375 Valuable Player
    OmegaM4N said:
    Are these live now, i could not seem to find them in my mirror thing.
    They’re in PTC (1.37). The mirror seems the same as before, but you can now click the glasses you’re currently wearing to take them off. You can also see your mouth move if you speak aloud while looking in the mirror. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,685
    3Jane
    This is still much better and up to present standards!

  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,685
    3Jane
    edited May 17
    Still not enough mouth movement for max levels.
    Eyebrows also do not change enough but I see they move slightly at times.
    The Drop Down animation in HOME is shit and is the only thing in ALL VR except Rollercoasters that causes nausea!!! It is shit and totally unnecessary! 
    No Strafing is just a bloody joke to get in position!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,737 Valuable Player
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    This is still much better and up to present standards!

    Is that really AI or is it someone trolling these guys?
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,685
    3Jane
    edited May 16
    It's a known YouTuber who hired an Anime actress OR used a Voice Changer as he had previous vids to this of him so not AI. Above @ 2:30 "Show me your boobs" :p 
    However, the Japs have one that bases conversations totally with AI over context.

  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,685
    3Jane
    edited May 16
    That btw is a realtime conversation with the maker also on the 2nd clip @ 2:30 based on 6 or more mixed algorithms for the context of the human. It's the most advanced AI yet and he even built a replica of himself. He even uses botox to try to stay as young looking as his robot-self!
Sign In or Register to comment.