New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Sairento vr is unplayable!!!

2»

Comments

• Brandon5455Brandon5455 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    I tried to get into contact with them they never responded to my messages!! And I have the rtx2080 installed why would I take apart my computer to install an inferior graphics card that made the oculus performance worse.
    NerveGear
    edited April 2019
    I already tried playing it with the 1060 multiple times. Everytime it runs like garbage the game crashed every 15-20 minutes hence why I got a 2080. At least with the 2080 it doesn't crash but still runs like complete shit.
    NerveGear
    Tried getting support submitted two tickets and they told me to reinstall the software and or drivers which solved nothing. And I already had tried it with the 1060. It ran worse. That's why I upgraded to a 2080.
  • SneakyglowormSneakygloworm Posts: 93
    Hiro Protagonist
    Has the op connected 2 connectors to the gpu from the psu. The 2080 is a bit power hungry at full bore. Around 250+ watts from what I can make out. Is it worth removing every USB device bar the rift, keyboard and mouse and see if it helps. Poor sensor tracking probably won't help either. 
  • SpiceLife72SpiceLife72 Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    It might be your power supply is not providing enough power for the RTX2080.
    NerveGear
    edited May 2019
    Its not my power supply is a corsair 750 watt. Anyway decided to get a rift s when I heard about the inside out tracking. Thought maybe Sairento would work this time but nope. Audio cutting in and out and screen tearing once again. I don't understand why the hell its only with this game!!
  • anadimianadimi Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited July 2019
    So I have the same issue. Only with this game.It starts really well. I can play the game for 10 minutes without issue. Then it starts so get worse slowly. First just the hands is laggy, and in the end screen tears and heavy lag. Unplayable.

I have the 1080GTX with I7 5930K and 32 GB RAM. 
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,828 Valuable Player
    edited July 2019
    anadimi said:
    So I have the same issue. Only with this game.It starts really well. I can play the game for 10 minutes without issue. Then it starts so get worse slowly. First just the hands is laggy, and in the end screen tears and heavy lag. Unplayable.

You bought the game on Home or Steam? 

I found some Steam VR games have problem where SteamVR, Oculus process and the game all end up on the same cpu creating a lot of stuttering. Changing the cpu affinity fixed this issue for me with some games. 

Generally, if you get stuttering pull out the task manager and try to see what's going on when the stuttering happens. 
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 735
    3Jane
    edited July 2019
    I'm now getting the same issue. Ran fine on my 980ti. but now getting crazy lag on my rtx 2080.
    This slowly gets worse the longer I play until it becomes vomit inducing and I have to reboot the game. A real shame as I love the game and it ran buttery smooth before on max settings.

Oh and I bought on Oculus store, not running on Steam.
  • hashcheckhashcheck Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2019
    I am using on a laptop RTX2060 and i7 9750H works perfect & 1.5SS oculus tool
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 735
    3Jane
    I've just been playing around with Oculus tray tool.
    Turning off ASW helps but I'm only getting 35 fps. This doesn't change even when I minimize all settings and turn off all SS, AA etc.

Something isn't right here and can only think it doesn't like the rtx 2080 cards.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,885 Volunteer Moderator
    It's running fine on my 2080ti.

Something I encountered recently: recent Rift-S experience was horrible in general. Tracking stuttered in everything (even home) constantly, FPS was poor (such as 17fps in Rush).
    In the end the one thing that fixed it all was swapping my Display Ports. I swapped the ports I used for my Rift-S and 2nd monitor and everything now runs as it should.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,831 Valuable Player
    @falken76 - Why do you make a new post each time you quote someone? Did you know you can just use the format and quote on the tool bar of your post?
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,887 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    @falken76 - Why do you make a new post each time you quote someone? Did you know you can just use the format and quote on the tool bar of your post?
    Because it's easier to just hit respond and quote who I'm responding to.
    I already tried playing it with the 1060 multiple times. Everytime it runs like garbage the game crashed every 15-20 minutes hence why I got a 2080. At least with the 2080 it doesn't crash but still runs like complete shit.
    That stinks.  My 1060 outperforms your 2080 for some reason then.  It has to be a conflict of some sort, my card shouldn't outperform yours.  The game runs flawlessly on mine with a far weaker video card.
    edited July 2019
    falken76 said:
    RedRizla said:
    It's up to you but it's not easier if you are quoting the same person using multiple posts. It's much easier to just copy and paste what they say and use format & quote all in one post. Done like this it doesn't create as many pages in a thread either. I'm just saying in case you didn't know this could be done.
    RedRizla said:
    falken76 said:
    RedRizla said:
    It's up to you but it's not easier if you are quoting the same person using multiple posts. It's much easier to just copy and paste what they say and use format & quote all in one post. Done like this it doesn't create as many pages in a thread either. I'm just saying in case you didn't know this could be done.

I knew it could be done, but I don't read a thread first then come back and copy and paste everything so I can make a response like I'm turning in an assignment.  I respond as I read, I'm sorry if this pisses you off.  This is far easier for me, people usually don't complain, but I guess it happens every now and then.

edited July 2019
    falken76 said:
    I knew it could be done, but I don't read a thread first then come back and copy and paste everything so I can make a response like I'm turning in an assignment.  I respond as I read, I'm sorry if this pisses you off.  This is far easier for me, people usually don't complain, but I guess it happens every now and then.

It doesn't piss me off why would it and it's not a complaint either. I thought I was helping out and that you didn't know you could do this. I didn't know this myself up until a few months ago.
    NerveGear
    MowTin said:
    anadimi said:

You bought the game on Home or Steam? 

I found some Steam VR games have problem where SteamVR, Oculus process and the game all end up on the same cpu creating a lot of stuttering. Changing the cpu affinity fixed this issue for me with some games. 

Generally, if you get stuttering pull out the task manager and try to see what's going on when the stuttering happens. 
    I checked my system, and even on load in barely pushes my CPU. I tried also forcing the game to use my 1080 card in the nvidia control panel, but still I experience the same issue.

I reached out the game developer, they recommended me to not buy the game. I was trying it on the weekend free trial.

So now I don't have the game and the developer seems to care less anyhow. And I have never had any issue with any other game.
  • Pic0oPic0o Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    Do you have issues in any other game?

What are your thermal temperatures like?  I know here in the east coast of the usa, it has been very hot lately.  Just wanted to mention your performance will tank, if the case is not getting heat out and bringing cool inflow in for your CPU, graphics card, etc.

HwMonitor is a nice tool to check temperatures.  Be warned though, your Rift performance may suffer if you keep it running when playing VR games and in Home.  So if you haven't, run some tests to see what your Max load temperatures are.
    NerveGear
    Pic0o said:
    Do you have issues in any other game?

What are your thermal temperatures like?  I know here in the east coast of the usa, it has been very hot lately.  Just wanted to mention your performance will tank, if the case is not getting heat out and bringing cool inflow in for your CPU, graphics card, etc.

HwMonitor is a nice tool to check temperatures.  Be warned though, your Rift performance may suffer if you keep it running when playing VR games and in Home.  So if you haven't, run some tests to see what your Max load temperatures are.
    I run all other more demanding games without issues. It's strange. This is the only game I have had issues with.