cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift completly dead over night. No LED, not recognized by computer.

staubgame
Honored Guest
Heya,

as said in my title, my Rift stopped any function an now is a dead piece of plastic. It worked faithfully for close to a year.
I checked all cables (even the plug on the HMD directly) but nothing.
I tried it with my laptop from work but the most I got was a bleep of a new device, immediately followed by "device not recognized" after removing the HMD plug (this can be recreated on my laptop, but not my pc).

Any ideas or is the device dead?

Edit: To add some hardware:
Rift is Retail Version in germany, around a year ago, not sure what version specifically.
i7-6700, MSI B150M, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM.
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds about what happen to mine - might be dead sadly. You can post your logs and maybe that be more telling though.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @staubgame, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Rift. If haven't already, please try different USB 3.0 ports and try disconnecting any other USB devices except your Rift hardware and your mouse/keyboard. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com so we can help you out. If you're able to collect your Oculus logs using the steps here https://support.oculus.com/172672339980954/ then it would help us out.Thanks!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
It'll be the cable is faulty from the kinks/twists by the hmd clip. If it's not fully pushed into the headset (remove faceplate) then that's the issue so raise a Ticket with Support to get a new cable on Warranty. If secondhand you'd could contact 1st buyer for any receipts. In Europe is 2yrs otherwise 1yr Warranty.

staubgame
Honored Guest
I tried different usb ports of course. 🙂
Other devices work fine, the sensors as well.
My guess is cable as well as my laptop at least shortly recognizes a device.

I'll write a ticket with support.