Wireless/untethered for PC ? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Wireless/untethered for PC ?

PulserPulser Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited April 18 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Will there ever be a wireless Rift version for the PC ? I enjoy my gaming massively, but the wire/cord is annoying for obvious reasons, one of which drives me insane !
WHY did the idiot who created/make the Oculus cabling think it was a good idea to have a cable that coils and curls up quicker than a dead worm on a hot day ?!
Why wasn'rt a braided cord used that is known for less to no coiling ? Bring on the days of wirelss ! Unless someone can give me a sensible idea/solution to untangle my wire ?
No way would i buy from Oculus again if they come out with another cabled headset unless it was a SENSIBLE and innnovative cable !!
If this issue has already been raised, please point me to the thread(s), thanks !

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 1,685
    3Jane
    edited April 18
    With Rift S adding Inside-Out Tracking it uses more power within it. f they just added WiFi6 capability to the old Rift and even carried on the Outside Sensors then it would be quite easy and they could just as easily widen FOV but match the 80fps to consider cpu/gpu demands. What good is Inside-Out if we still are connected by a cable! It makes sod all sense to do what they did!
    Oh to reduce USB slots taken? Come on, we need to be using VR Ready PCs!!! We can if needed add an expansion USB slots by PCIE card, Extender, or even USB C!
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,795 Valuable Player
    TPcast
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • JohSm67JohSm67 Posts: 142
    Art3mis
    Wildt said:
    TPcast
    Bad quality and support....
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,795 Valuable Player
    JohSm67 said:
    Wildt said:
    TPcast
    Bad quality and support....
    Quality is good!
    Haven't used their support as I run openTPcast, but the guys on their discord are really helpful and knowledgeable

Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor