cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do with Oculus Go when you get a Quest

JohSm67
Rising Star
So I assume some Oculus Rift and Oculus Go owners will get the Oculus Quest!

But then what will you do with the old HMD’s?

Any ideas of companion Apps you would like to see?

Or are there other ways of using the old equipment?

/J
JohSm
8 REPLIES 8

Luciferous
Consultant
Sell them I presume?

Neokin
Adventurer
That's why I didn't get a Go and waited for the Quest!

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I will give them £13 right now for it, they pay for delivery. o:)
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Cpt_Custard
Adventurer
I hope they get recycled appropriately as we have enough plastic laying around. I dont want to go on holiday and see a GO float past while im scuba diving....

CrashFu
Consultant
There are some Go-exclusive games that might not be ported to Quest.

And you can always still use the Go for media-watching (or let friends / family play with it) so you can reserve the Quest's batteries for your gaming.

It would be interesting to see some kind of connectivity between Go and the 6DoF systems in the future ... Like, what if you could use Go to spectate live or recorded matches of games like Echo Arena?  Like, actually being able to teleport around and view the action in full 3D, not just a fixed-position 360 video (although that would be the next best thing)

Edit:  I guess the downside to the above would be that you'd have to spectate with graphics downgraded enough for the Go to render them.  So in some cases, maybe fixed-position 360 (or even 180 stereoscopic) video might actually be a  better overall experience?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Go is most likely better suited for mobile use, I often use mine whilst waiting in the car 2 touch controllers would limit that especially for fishing (real vr fishing), in bed as it again has 2 larger controllers and it looks like the strap is not as soft.

Nekto2
Superstar
You could use USB keyboard with OTG cable and GO.
So you could run "VR browser" app (not included one!) and use usb keyboard to talk on this forum 🙂
You need not a mouse (you controller is a mouse).
It has no cameras, so Go is perfect as a mobile work place instead of notebook (and none will see your screen! :lol: and none will complain on cameras like it was for Google Glass ). So you are ok to work in cafe or on plane (with airplane mode on! without wifi or bluetooth!).

🙂
ps. Is it possible to use Quest inside a car? Or it will shift you with a speed of a car inside VR? :lol:

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
A really interesting video with unique information on the pre-buy universe planned for the Quest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQRDTjEpfU4&fbclid=IwAR3zxmusEvQAFZYdzDxz7-AsqKlWM9wQd_ygHIg816IYTPB...
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959