New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Night mode?

HYPERGECKO405HYPERGECKO405 Posts: 2
NerveGear
I think it would be amazing if Oculus could add a night mode to their headsets. Probably something along the line of lowering the brightness in the headset and applying an anti-blue color affect to the screen. I feel like it would a simple yet appreciative addition to the features of the headsets for the users who would like to rest their eyes when they're in VR during late hours. I've heard some Windows Mixed Reality headsets have them so as far as capabilities it shouldn't be too far out of reach for Oculus.

Thoughts?

Comments

• wormslayer44wormslayer44 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was just thinking of that the other day. They need to add a brightness setting and a blue light filter.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Plus they should have added IR LEDs so we can use it in the dark but Oculus has very poor designers and a careless CEO.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,525
    Project 2501
    So, any night mode with the Rift cv1 or S yet?  I have not noticed this yet.  Seems to work great with my Oculus Go's latest firmware update.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.