New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Facebook F8 event Discussion Megathread

13»

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,212 Valuable Player
    nalex66 said:
    Digikid1 said:
    $700CDN for the Quest!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

WAY overpriced.
    We're actually getting a better deal than Americans at that price, because it includes all taxes. For us in Ontario, if you deduct the 13% HST, you get $618.58 CAD. That converts to about $460 before tax for the 128 GB version, while the list price is $499 USD.
    Hmm. Didn’t know they included the taxes in that price.  Usually when I order an Oculus product it’s from Amazon.ca. 
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,422 Volunteer Moderator
    Little peek at it:

• NeokinNeokin Posts: 94
    Hiro Protagonist
    I didn't see anyone mentionning the teasing from the last speaker. Literally during the last minute.

With that smile and "The next phase of social VR is on the horizon", I feel like there are going to drop something really huge at the next Oculus Connect!
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    edited May 2019
    I'd love to see what happens to those realistic avatars if you do something like, set your Touch on the ground and walk away from it.  Or take off the headset, even. 

Hoping they can apply all this realistic human muscle mapping to avatars that aren't human, too,  because I'm really hoping I'll get to be a robot or monster or something one of these days.   I put on my Rift to get away from the boring human meat body, not to realistically recreate it.
    :tongue:
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • 24_7gaminghub24_7gaminghub Posts: 546
    Nexus 6
    Peoplw who attended the event get a free Oculus quest, love to see a video about that.
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,201
    Wintermute
    Peoplw who attended the event get a free Oculus quest, love to see a video about that.
    Footage from when she heard the news. Imagine when she gets the free Quest.

Be good, die great !
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,422 Volunteer Moderator
    Better video of the entire avatar segment:

He does say it's a few years away from consumer release, but they are working on it.

• CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    Considering they all paid nearly $600 for those f8 tickets, I wouldn't really call them free.

In fact, it's more like they paid $600 for a Quest early-release, and got to listen to facebook execs talk as a bonus, lol.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,385 Valuable Player
    kojack said:
    Better video of the entire avatar segment:

He does say it's a few years away from consumer release, but they are working on it.

I thought great another cool bit of tech we can’t have.