Ships "by" the 21st of May — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Ships "by" the 21st of May

XVinoRossoXXVinoRossoX Posts: 67
Hiro Protagonist
Are we looking at a possible earlier shipment?

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,375 Valuable Player
    edited May 2
    People keep asking on Reddit if this means that they’ll receive it on the 21st, and Oculus Support keeps answering with the exact same unclear wording. I’m assuming that it will leave Oculus on the 21st, and will be delivered a few days later, depending on how close you are to the distribution centre.

If it ships earlier, we’ll know because they charge your card and email you a tracking number when it ships. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,566 Valuable Player
    Amazon UK state delivery ON the 21st and I think that's the same for Amazon US if you want to go that way.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• XVinoRossoXXVinoRossoX Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks guys, appreciate it!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Think another clue will be when the app is updated with the quest.
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    My Oculus order says BY the 21st .That might mean earlier ...yes? lol
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    When I ordered on the Oculus site it said Ships By The 21st. When I came back the next day and looked at my order, it said Ships By The 23rd. Are the extra two days the shipping time, or did they slide my ship date after I bought it?
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,690 Valuable Player
    21st is the Official Release Date either way.  I don't imagine they want the general public recieving pre-orders before then, but it's possible they could try and time the shipping so that as many people as possible are getting the deliveries on Release Day.

They'll definitely have them in the back rooms of their retail partners' stores before the 21st,  in case you'd like to try and  preorder one for store pick-up on release day... ... or stage a daring night-time burglary a night or two before? 
    :open_mouth:   

Merry Riftmas, everybody!
    Hiro Protagonist
    When I ordered on the Oculus site it said Ships By The 21st. When I came back the next day and looked at my order, it said Ships By The 23rd. Are the extra two days the shipping time, or did they slide my ship date after I bought it?
    Could be that when you ordered they were already out of the day 1 stock.
  • dazzlerellisdazzlerellis Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Why not send them out like a week before so everyone receives the quest by release date.
    The release date is then software unlock day.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,690 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    Amazon UK state delivery ON the 21st and I think that's the same for Amazon US if you want to go that way.

No, i don't.  I want to go the way which has it dropping on my doorstep this week.

If someone could just point me in that direction    ;)
    Yes mate of course, jump on a flying type airplane, smuggle yourself through customs and get off sneakily in California and saddle your way to Oculus HQ, kidnap an employee then go to their dev HQ and pinch one then reverse your course, piss easy ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,690 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    Yes mate of course, jump on a flying type airplane, smuggle yourself through customs and get off sneakily in California and saddle your way to Oculus HQ, kidnap an employee then go to their dev HQ and pinch one then reverse your course, piss easy ;)

Yes I think so.......

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 73
    Hiro Protagonist
    I was wondering about this too, so contacted Oculus support and they confirmed that no preorders will be shipped prior to the stated ship date (in my case 21st May) I guess I don’t mind possibly receiving it a couple days later than release day as I’ve ordered it with the case and can’t find this being sold anywhere in UK yet. Amazon UK still as of today says they can deliver on release day. I mentioned this to Oculus but they wouldn’t confirm that Amazon would be able to fulfil that. I have preordered stuff on Amazon before and received them on release day as they shipped them the day before on next day delivery. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    i havce a feeling we will be getting them on the 21st despite what Oculus tells you.
  • okeyoneokeyone Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm hoping the Quest will ship a bit earlier than the 21st. As most things that I've preordered you get the item before actual release date. Isn't that the idea of preordering? Best Buy is one that says preorder and pick up on release date so why wait until it ships. Just hoping there is some benifit to preordering. Guess I'm just excited and can't wait. Hopeful here.
  • FishstaebchenFishstaebchen Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I have pre-ordered at Media Markt (something like the germans Best Buy) and the status says "available by may 20." I think that i can pick up my Quest 64gb by may 20. We will see :)
    Hiro Protagonist
    Look this is what I am doing. If it comes available sooner than or on the 21st locally I will buy another on and send the one I ordered from the oculus store back. 

When did your availability date switch to the 20th??
  • FishstaebchenFishstaebchen Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I just preordered at Media Markt a few days ago. It directly says may 20. My occulus pre-order will go back, if it doesnt arrive on 21 ;) Or maybe a friend will take it if hes hyped after testing the Quest. But i think he will ;D
    Hiro Protagonist
    I just preordered at Media Markt a few days ago. It directly says may 20. My occulus pre-order will go back, if it doesnt arrive yson 21 ;) Or maybe a friend will take it if hes hyped after testing the Quest. But i think he will ;D
    Yeah.. Going to get one at curry's pc World as well just in case. 😂😂