"new drivers are required" loop — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

"new drivers are required" loop

yomustdie94yomustdie94 Posts: 23
Brain Burst
i am having an issue with my oculus app, it keep looping and asking me to install drivers over and over. and every time it also creates and error file that states "Server closed connection" and i cant get it to stop. all my drivers are up to date, Ive tried to use oculus setup to completely re install. and the same issue occurs.
(on the last image it does not show up for about 20 sec and then it tells me it cant find my headset(which it does after a little bit)and then it pops up with this god forsaken message.)

Comments

• yomustdie94yomustdie94 Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    this also happens when in the setup part of the app 
    Brain Burst
    it shows also on the setup part when i let the parts load instead of clicking anything, the HDMI and usb3.0 connections are good. but it will keep loading the 2.0 one. 
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,383 Valuable Player
    edited May 8
    i am having an issue with my oculus app, it keep looping and asking me to install drivers over and over. and every time it also creates and error file that states "Server closed connection" and i cant get it to stop. all my drivers are up to date, Ive tried to use oculus setup to completely re install. and the same issue occurs.
    (on the last image it does not show up for about 20 sec and then it tells me it cant find my headset(which it does after a little bit)and then it pops up with this god forsaken message.)

That message refers to Oculus drivers, not your video card or USB drivers. Not sure why it's getting a server disconnect, though. I had an Oculus driver update the other day, I clicked Install Now, the software shut down for a minute, then restarted and was good to go.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Brain Burst
    also when in vr, it just said that it needs sensors, there is no tracking beyond just looking around.
    Brain Burst
    it is really odd and annoying af
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 213 Oculus Staff
    Hey @yomustdie94, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with installing the Oculus drivers. You can also try installing the drivers by following these steps:
    1. Close the Oculus app
    2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
    3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
    4. Open oculus-driver. Give it a minute or two. It may not appear to be doing anything but it should install the drivers in the background.
    Also, I recommend try connecting your sensors to different USB ports. If you're still having issues, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com with your Oculus diagnostic logs so we can help you with this. Instructions on gathering logs are available here https://support.oculus.com/172672339980954 

Thanks,
    -Rick
    Brain Burst
    here is the thing , and im gonna start a ticket
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 898
    3Jane
    Just my experience but often these online updating problems are due to either some virus checkers and/or a poor internet connection.
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
    Brain Burst
    i dont have antivirus installed , because fresh install of windows with all of its updates, and my internet is fine. i just played battlefield 4 with no issues
    Brain Burst
    i have fixed my issue, i did this
    aswell as goto the beta version of oculus, and i also found the original disk for my expander card. i must have had the one for my old expander. (driver disk)