cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"new drivers are required" loop

yomustdie94
Protege
i am having an issue with my oculus app, it keep looping and asking me to install drivers over and over. and every time it also creates and error file that states "Server closed connection" and i cant get it to stop. all my drivers are up to date, Ive tried to use oculus setup to completely re install. and the same issue occurs.
(on the last image it does not show up for about 20 sec and then it tells me it cant find my headset(which it does after a little bit)and then it pops up with this god forsaken message.)
 8fbtkq04qxb3.pngooenlru15osj.png33016q6ekbdg.png
10 REPLIES 10

yomustdie94
Protege
this also happens when in the setup part of the app 

yomustdie94
Protege
it shows also on the setup part when i let the parts load instead of clicking anything,bzfizefu8hrf.pngvqofwh3w8f0h.png the HDMI and usb3.0 connections are good. but it will keep loading the 2.0 one. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP

i am having an issue with my oculus app, it keep looping and asking me to install drivers over and over. and every time it also creates and error file that states "Server closed connection" and i cant get it to stop. all my drivers are up to date, Ive tried to use oculus setup to completely re install. and the same issue occurs.
(on the last image it does not show up for about 20 sec and then it tells me it cant find my headset(which it does after a little bit)and then it pops up with this god forsaken message.)

That message refers to Oculus drivers, not your video card or USB drivers. Not sure why it's getting a server disconnect, though. I had an Oculus driver update the other day, I clicked Install Now, the software shut down for a minute, then restarted and was good to go.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

yomustdie94
Protege
also when in vr, it just said that it needs sensors, there is no tracking beyond just looking around.

yomustdie94
Protege
it is really odd and annoying af

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @yomustdie94, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with installing the Oculus drivers. You can also try installing the drivers by following these steps:
  1. Close the Oculus app
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
  3. Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
  4. Open oculus-driver. Give it a minute or two. It may not appear to be doing anything but it should install the drivers in the background.
Also, I recommend try connecting your sensors to different USB ports. If you're still having issues, please contact support at https://support.oculus.com with your Oculus diagnostic logs so we can help you with this. Instructions on gathering logs are available here https://support.oculus.com/172672339980954 

Thanks,
-Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

yomustdie94
Protege
here is the thing , and im gonna start a ticket

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Just my experience but often these online updating problems are due to either some virus checkers and/or a poor internet connection.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

yomustdie94
Protege
i dont have antivirus installed , because fresh install of windows with all of its updates, and my internet is fine. i just played battlefield 4 with no issues