You're on a desert island. You can have one VR game. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

You're on a desert island. You can have one VR game.

MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,319
Project 2501
You're on a desert island. You can have one VR game.

For me, it would be Elite Dangerous. It's not my favorite VR game but it would offer the most entertainment given that it has a galaxy-sized open world. And I wouldn't mind grinding for credits and materials since I have all the time in the world. 

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,563 Volunteer Moderator
    Has to be sinVR surely  o:) not tried it myself but I hear it's quite good ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• TheRealCyberTheRealCyber Posts: 110
    Art3mis
    Maybe Resident Evil 7. That game was great, but I'm not sure it would be a good choice if I were to be alone stuck on an island. It was scary enough in the safety of my house.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,370 Valuable Player
    edited May 9
    Maybe EchoVR? If I'm stranded alone on a desert island, some multiplayer hijinks would be good for my sanity. (Plus I could ask other people to send help!)
    Edit: Medium might also be nice for the sake of a creative outlet. Or Fallout 4 VR for a large open world with tons of content. Don't make me choose!!!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,493
    Project 2501
    Brazzers?
    WAAAGH!
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,112
    Wintermute
    Vacation simulator ? Just to make a meme of the whole situation that have gotten me in this mess to begin with...

:/
    Be good, die great !
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,398 Valuable Player
    FO4 VR.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 862
    3Jane
    edited May 9
    Ultrawings Go, a solar powered battery pack for my Go, and solar AA recharger for its controller.  That should do me until I'm rescued and I may even finally finish this game lol!
    Alienware 17r4 Laptop with i7-7700hq 2.8/3.6, 32 gb ram, gtx1060 w/6gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd, Oculus Rift w/2x sensors.  Now using an Alienware Graphics Amplifier (AGA) with Zotac gtx1080ti Blower and Asus vg248qe 144hz external monitor.  All works great!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,392 Valuable Player
    Elite Dangerous, so much stuff to do and so much of the Milky Way left to explore. If I'm remembering correctly there's only 0.03% of the galaxy discovered so far. :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 83
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 9
    Skyrim VR with all mods ever done.
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,267
    Wintermute
    Elite Dangerous or possibly No man's Sky if it's as good as I think it will be in VR. 
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,787 Valuable Player
    Elite D. Flawed, not quite the game outlined in the DDF but still a VR master piece
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 755
    3Jane
    For me it would be an unofficial VR game. Alien Isolation. Still the best VR experience ever.
  • DTHDTH Posts: 215
    Art3mis
    x plane 11 I still have others old and new I have that I have to start.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,319
    Project 2501
    FO4 VR.
    I can imagine spending a lot of time building extensive complex settlements. 
    Project 2501
    jayhawk said:
    For me it would be an unofficial VR game. Alien Isolation. Still the best VR experience ever.
    I'm still waiting for a motion controls mod. `
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,149 Volunteer Moderator
    Knowing my luck I'd be stuck with Sub Nautica, that's just rubbing salt in the wound.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,979 Valuable Player
    edited May 10
    You're all wrong  :D This is the one app - if you're alone on an island - to rule them all!

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Project 2501
    Sorry Rune schoolgirls dont do it for me.
    I would rather a women who knows what shes doing!
    WAAAGH!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 1,979 Valuable Player
    Morgrum said:
    Sorry Rune schoolgirls dont do it for me.
    I would rather a women who knows what shes doing!

Agreed, just trying to keep up my parenting skills while on the island  o:)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Oculus Rift CV1 - nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Project 2501
    edited May 12
    RuneSR2 said:
    You're all wrong  :D This is the one app - if you're alone on an island - to rule them all!

I expected VR sales to explode in Japan. But most Japanese don't have PCs or space for VR. The Quest has a chance to really explode if the throw in some virtual girlfriends for the Hikikomori 

And if I wanted a virtual VR girlfriend game, it would be this one ..

(why do my YouTube links now show up as videos?)

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,149 Volunteer Moderator
    MowTin said:

(why do my YouTube links now show up as videos?)

Most likely because you are copying the url from the Chrome url bar. When you do that, it gets put in the clipboard as a link instead of text. Pasting it into the forum results in a <a> link which doesn't get converted to an embedded video.
    A couple of fixes:
    - Use firefox. It's url bar copies as text instead of a link.
    - Past the link into Notepad, select and copy it again from there (the link status will have been removed) and then paste in the forum.
    - Hit the html edit button and remove the link tags around the url.

• AfflosparkAfflospark Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Hey,
    If I am on a desert island and I have just one game to play I will play 
    Resident Evil 7's VR:- support is exclusive to annotation VR, and therefore the terror this game.  which delivers extremely ramps up once you are placed directly within the shoes of Ethan Winters within the Pelican State swamp. As Winters searches for his missing partner, Mia, this first-person horror game returns to Resident Evil's survival roots and needs you to rigorously manage your inventory and resources so as to survive.

There's additionally a good little bit of puzzle-solving to try and do, in between running for your life from the creepy mould monsters that have troubled the Baker family's derelict home.
    Hope you also like that game 
    Thanks
    Project 2501
    vannagirl said:
    Gorn or something to improve my punching for when I meet whoever got me stuck on here!

That's the Vannagirl we know and love!
    WAAAGH!
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,838 Valuable Player
    vannagirl said:
    Gorn or something to improve my punching for when I meet whoever got me stuck on here!
    Watch out @snowdog. She’s onto you!
    Project 2501
    kojack said:

Most likely because you are copying the url from the Chrome url bar. When you do that, it gets put in the clipboard as a link instead of text. Pasting it into the forum results in a <a> link which doesn't get converted to an embedded video.
    That worked! Thanks. The <a> tag wasn't visible. Pasting the url to notepad then pasting it back worked. 
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,392 Valuable Player
    vannagirl said:

It wasn't me!!! It wasn't me!!! Honest!!!!!

Pleasedontrunmeoverpleasedontrunmeover!!!

:D 
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,735 Valuable Player
    None, if I am stranded on a desert Island that has power that can power my computer and Rift, I'm spending my time looking for a way off the Island, maybe I can find the locals before I figure out why the F I dragged a desktop computer and a VR headset with me to a desert island.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,622 Valuable Player
    I'd have to go with the others who've said Fallout 4, I've played it so much it's beginning to feel like an alternative life. but at some point I really want to start Skyrim,  it's been sitting in my library too long.
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1809 (17763.348)