New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Star Wars Vader Immortal Gameplay

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,744 Valuable Player
edited May 9 in Oculus Quest
Will read the review but I won't watch the video too much. It seems like this is something that needs to be witness first hand. If you watch too much it kind of spoils it.

UploadVR review here.

Vader Immortal isn’t perfect. It’s very much the first part of a larger series, one that leaves you wanting more of each of its individual elements. But it’s a significant step forward for VR, bolstering a line-up of experiences that emphasize audience emotions over playable technicalities. The pay-off, it successfully argues, is richer than any immersive Star Wars experience before it. ILMxLAB once labeled this as ‘story-living’ over storytelling. A touch hyperbolic, perhaps, but I’m inclined to agree.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,193
    Wintermute
    Watched these earlier. Im so excited!
     Only issue is that both roadtovr and upload´s reviews talk about tracking issues in the experience.
    Be good, die great !
  • EispfogelEispfogel Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    I cannot wait any longer ;/
    Hopefully it has multilanguage support.
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 156
    Art3mis
    Zenbane said:
    I love how literally everything is described as a "step forward for VR." I'm surprised VR hasn't slammed face first in to a damn wall by now, with all the forward steps it's been taking over the past 5 years.
    good one :). In more serious note, everything is basically step forward at this point and even kinda big step. Just think about early days of computers and consoles.

Going from atari 2600 to c64 to amiga 500. All of these were big steps back then. Now you wouldnt call that much upgrade even a upgrade. In fact you wouldnt even notice one hundred pixels or few colors more in modern 4k monitor.

I think it is same for vr. At the moment even small uprgades are easy to see, but when time pass on you need more and more to actually see any progress.
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    It looks good to me, definitely gonna grab this. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,524 Valuable Player
    saami81 said:good one  In more serious note, everything is basically step forward at this point and even kinda big step. Just think about early days of computers and consoles.

Going from atari 2600 to c64 to amiga 500. All of these were big steps back then. Now you wouldnt call that much upgrade even a upgrade. In fact you wouldnt even notice one hundred pixels or few colors more in modern 4k monitor.

I think it is same for vr. At the moment even small uprgades are easy to see, but when time pass on you need more and more to actually see any progress.

Completely agree. I just look forward to when we no longer need that specific "tagline" anymore. I mean, when Amazon, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat launched... nobody said, "this is a good step forward for the Internet." Right?

Even with the arrival of self-driving cars, we don't describe it as a "step forward for the automotive industry." We just describe it as another technological advancement. But for some reason, society still treats VR like a newborn baby that's learning to walk.

We're all like, "Come here, lil buddy! Come to dada! You can do it!"

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    Is this going to release for the rift? 

• saami81saami81 Posts: 156
    Art3mis
    JeremyC85 said:

Yes. It will be available for both rift and quest. https://www.roadtovr.com/star-wars-vader-immortal-coming-to-oculus-rift-and-quest/

• JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    saami81 said:
    JeremyC85 said:

Yes. It will be available for both rift and quest. https://www.roadtovr.com/star-wars-vader-immortal-coming-to-oculus-rift-and-quest/

Awesome! 
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,067 Valuable Player
    Sorry we f this is covered in the links but I am very wary of spoilers.
    Is this a fully fledged game or is it more of an interactive story?
    Do they say how long it is?
    And what is the cost?
    Oh and is it a cross buy title?

Thanks
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,744 Valuable Player
    45 minutes...interactive experience with some gameplay elements.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,880 Volunteer Moderator
    Cost is apparently $9.99.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • EispfogelEispfogel Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    And the 2 remaining episodes will also be 10 credits and just as long.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    edited May 10
    Sounds reasonable to me.  A copy of a new-release movie would be twice as long but also twice the cost..  add all the episodes up together and you've got a comparable length / price to a major hollywood blockbuster on BluRay.

Plus, I imagine this will be way, way more fun than just sitting and watching a movie, eh?  I really look forward to soaking in all the atmosphere.
    :grin:

"Oh, you guys are going to watch Avengers: Endgame tonight? Cool, cool.  I'm going to be playing the starring role in Star Wars: Vader Immortal."
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • DilipDilip Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    Since ILXM is releasing Vader Immortal for all major platform, here guessing how magnificently beautiful this thing might look on HP Reverb??
  • pyroth309pyroth309 Posts: 1,568 Valuable Player
    Yea, I'm excited to try it with Index as well but I will be getting my Quest before then (hopefully) so I'm likely to go through it on Quest first. 
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Looks to be a AAA Title but no mention if RIFT gets it. How nice.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,524 Valuable Player
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    Looks to be a AAA Title but no mention if RIFT gets it. How nice.
    It's been stated repeatedly that this will be on the Rift. Searching Google or this Forum would have revealed that fact in a few short seconds.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane