cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift-S setup for existing Rift cv1 Users?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
So, now a few of us have pre-ordered a nice new Rift-S, how are we going to replace our cv1 and setup our nice new Rift-S's with our current Oculus account?  Thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers
6 REPLIES 6

DTH
Heroic Explorer
That is what I have read. Also, we use the same software 1.37

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Look at your Oculus desktop app. If you’re on 1.37, there’s an option to add an additional headset. Presumably you can have both registered on your account and app. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
How to switch out the HMDs?

Two ways really.
Like this:

Or like this:

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

Look at your Oculus desktop app. If you’re on 1.37, there’s an option to add an additional headset. Presumably you can have both registered on your account and app. 

Thanks mate, I now see this with 1.37 device tab.  I guess it will allow you to switch between your cv1 and Rift-S.  Maybe even use both at the same time?  We’ll all find out pretty soon.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, I suspect that either you can set which one is the default headset, or perhaps it will just default to whichever headset gets activated first by the proximity sensor. 

There are are a few YouTubers out there with active Rift S’s, so if you could get their attention here or on Reddit, they could probably let us know how it’s working now. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Yeah this is a good question actually, as obviously we wouldn't want to go behind our PC and keep plugging in or unplugging each HMD every time you want to switch. Would be good to keep both plugged in at the same time and just use software to toggle between.

I guess I will only use my Rift S when it comes and stop using my old Rift completely but I am going to try a few games on both side by side to test the difference in fps and visuals etc, just for curiosity purposes.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!