cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV1: Sell it or Keep it?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
For any existing Rift CV1 owners who plan to upgrade to Rift-S... what will you do with your legacy Rift CV1?
Pre-orders start shipping soon. Almost time to say bye-bye to physical sensors.

5jfk45tlcao6.jpg
31 REPLIES 31

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
Plan to sell, though I haven't decided what headset will be replacing it. Love the simplicity of the Rift S but the audio situation maybe a deal breaker. Depends on if there are some headphones that can sit over the halo, also depends on comfort.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'm still trying to decide if I'm keeping it after getting the reverb. Defo keeping my go.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I'm unsure if my Rift-S or CV1 will be the primary system (both have pros and cons). I may keep my CV1 for home and use my Rift-S at work for classroom VR testing. (Same as my Go, I don't use it for myself, I keep it at work for students to use)

Either way, I sell nothing. I keep everything I buy, or dump it if it's too broken or old. (Although for tvs I give them to my sister for free when I upgrade).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

pyroth309
Visionary
I was going to sell mine but I'd feel guilty because it has so much wear on it. I'd feel bad if it failed on someone. Instead, I am giving it to my nephew and I hope it fails on him.  😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine sits on a shelf:( looks pretty though:)

CrashFu
Consultant
Not sure how to vote, because I have an extra Rift anyways so I'll probably sell one and keep the other. :tongue:

It could be nice to have a pair of Constellation sensors lying around, if / when they do implement the option of Hybrid Tracking.   And who knows, maybe someone will make a kit for attaching the CV1 headphones to the Rift-S?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

skygunner27
Protege
CV1 already sold. Rift S preordered. I always disliked the external sensors. Preorders should ship now, to gain market share.

https://builds.gg/builds/quadstellar-ghost-964
Gamerstorm Quadstellar Case, i9 9900K, Gamerstorm Castle 240 RGB AIO, Aorus Master Z390, Aorus Xtreme 2080ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600, 970 Pro 1TB MVNe, 2TB 860 EVO SSD, 2TB 860 Pro SSD, EVGA 1000 G3 SuperNova, AW3418DW 21:9 3440x1440 IPS 120hz Gsync 1900R Curved Display, Razer Mamba Hyperflux, Razer Huntsman Elite, Razer Chroma Base Station, Razer Nommo, Razer Nari Ultimate, Blue Yeti Blackout, Oculus Rift S 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Congrats @skygunner27 !
btw, you should Edit your photo and hide the device SKU Number. FYI 🙂

skygunner27
Protege

Zenbane said:

Congrats @skygunner27 !
btw, you should Edit your photo and hide the device SKU Number. FYI 🙂

Thanks. I believe the device sku number is how Bestbuy stores information about a specific model. Nonetheless I removed the pic just to be safe.

https://builds.gg/builds/quadstellar-ghost-964
Gamerstorm Quadstellar Case, i9 9900K, Gamerstorm Castle 240 RGB AIO, Aorus Master Z390, Aorus Xtreme 2080ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600, 970 Pro 1TB MVNe, 2TB 860 EVO SSD, 2TB 860 Pro SSD, EVGA 1000 G3 SuperNova, AW3418DW 21:9 3440x1440 IPS 120hz Gsync 1900R Curved Display, Razer Mamba Hyperflux, Razer Huntsman Elite, Razer Chroma Base Station, Razer Nommo, Razer Nari Ultimate, Blue Yeti Blackout, Oculus Rift S