Using VR as training tool? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Using VR as training tool?

Ace_Wrench001Ace_Wrench001 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited May 14 in General
Good Day, Everyone!

I am very much interested in training to become a Professional Motorcycle and Powersports Mechanic and I would like to know if anyone out there knows of a VR Simulator that could be used primarily as a Training Tool? I already have Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 (Non-VR) for PC and I've tried to convince its developers to release a Motorcycle Mechanic Simulator (with VR Enhancement as a standard feature) but they have not responded to my messages so far (i've only sent two to Red Dot Games and one to PlayWay Games).

I understand Penn Foster Online School has a curriculum for Motorcycle Mechanics and that they use a Simulated Environment as a Training Aid. I cannot afford to enroll in this program (yet) as I am currently preparing to relocate from Yuma, AZ (USA) to Phoenix/Gilbert, AZ.

Any Advice you all can provide would be greatly appreciated. Happy Simming!

GamerGuy105 AKA: Ace_Wrench001.

PS: I am new to this Forum so I do apologize in advance if this has been mentioned elsewhere :).

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,681 Valuable Player
    Have you seen Wrench in the Oculus Store?  Not motorbikes but you might find it interesting.  Has very good reviews.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,836 Valuable Player
    Not to hijack this topic but I think that VR would be an EXCELLENT tool for driver training as well.
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 744
    3Jane
    Give it 10 years. then maybe what you want will be available.