cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
Ok... it's come to this- capitulation!
I said to myself I'd never consider mobile graphics. 
I said I would never abandon my PC rig for an inferior mobile HMD(Oculus or otherwise).

Ok... I've seen the Quest perform and considered the freedom wireless offers.

Speaking for myself-
The graphics downgrade is NOT an immersion crusher.
Audio System- NOT inadequate.
The battery life is NOT too short.
Enforcing extra strict application quality standards is NOT going to be a hindrance in the future.

Zenbane wrote,

The Oculus Quest is a cultural event that comes once in a generation

This statement is absolutely correct!  A week ago I would have laughed and shut down anyone trying to convert me- NOT NOW!
The Quest is everything Zenbane pre-stated it would be, but not only because of it's meticulous attention to technical detail,
but even more so because the Quest represents just the first generation of H.E.M.(high-end mobile).  The Oculus
Quest is a cultural event that comes once in a generation.  It cannot be overstated! 

-a historic achievement for the human race!

8 REPLIES 8

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I'm looking forward to getting it next week. I'm not abandoning PCVR for it, but it'll make a nice addition to my VR collection.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
I'm not selling my rig, but the display capability of the Quest is so good, for myself it's reached a point where sensor based tracking on an HMD that's tethered simply isn't practical any longer, even with PCVR quality.  Not everyone sees it this way, but mobile HMD's will get there soon enough.

I think the Quest will be great and i can't wait for mine to come.  Wireless PC VR will be champ in a couple of years.  True mobile VR - i can't see that being "the ultimate in VR" for 10 or even 20 years.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

jayhawk
Superstar
I'd love to own a Quest, but considering performance first is still where I stand.

Dreagleg
Protege
I'm on board with the Quest precisely because I believe in VR but can't personally afford or justify an expensive gaming PC. Seems like the Quest was made for folk like me! 

god_alom
Adventurer
So this thread is all about zenbane?

I think it should be remembered that PC vs mobile VR isn't just about graphical power, it's also about size and scope of games. When my Quest arrives it'll be a great addition and better for media viewing and possibly also better for 360 in some games. But I think PCVR will always have the trump card with racing & flight sims, large scale space sims and VR enabled versions of AAA games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
Cancelbation said: So this is all about Zenbane?

No. It's all about someone correctly perceiving the news flash before it goes to print.
Anyone could've seen it- turns out it was Zenbane.  Kind of ironic how you couldn't perceive that when everyone else seemed to. Laughable.

No.