New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Would my prescription lens inserts fit in the Rift S?

squidbreakfastsquidbreakfast Posts: 38
Brain Burst
So I got prescription lenses for my Oculus Rift for €95 and I was wondering if they would fit on the Rift S too. It would be a real bummer if they didn't. I'm about to pre-order the new HMD and I cannot find any info on this with my inferior google skills.

Any insights would much appreciated.
I like trains. Tech stuff. Being a hermit. Baking and getting baked.

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

Tagged:

Comments

• lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 291
    Nexus 6
    Yeah, that will be interesting to discover, I have the inserts too. However, the Rift S should be more accommodating for regular prescription glasses, so I'll find out next week :)
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,151 Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 14
    deleted while I fact check!
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.418)
  • squidbreakfastsquidbreakfast Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    Yeah, that will be interesting to discover, I have the inserts too. However, the Rift S should be more accommodating for regular prescription glasses, so I'll find out next week :)
    Please do let us know :) you getting one?
    I like trains. Tech stuff. Being a hermit. Baking and getting baked.

i7 7700K  |  MSI Z270 M5  |  HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133  |  MSI GTX 1080 X 8G  |  Corsair Hydro H115i RGB  |  Corsair RM750x  |  Seagate 2TB  |  Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250 GB  |  Corsair Obsidian 450D  |

• rservellorservello Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Glasses are a LOT better in the S than CV1...that said...it's still not incredibly comfortable.  Inserts would def be better.
  • laudbrianlaudbrian Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    If you have a Rift S or Quest, I've been using these magnetic lens prescription adapters as they have totally changed my VR experience comfort wise, no more scratches or fog. Easy to remove if you're sharing with other users as the wife and kid have perfect eyesight. They are half the price of competitors WidomoVR, VR Optician and 3D printed just like the rest of them. All you need are these magnetic adapters https://www.etsy.com/listing/710848026/oculus-quest-rift-s-magnetic and $9.95 prescription lens from Zenni