Thank you John Carmack and team! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Thank you John Carmack and team!

CrimsonRelicCrimsonRelic Posts: 29
Brain Burst
John Carmack is a friggin genius and that's part of the reason I have been looking at Oculus and waiting for the Quest.  I just wanted to thank him and the team for bringing this type of VR to the masses. Can't wait for next week!

Comments

• PablitoPablito Posts: 356
    Trinity
    A big thanx to John and all the team of developers at Oculus.  The Quest is a benchmark for perfect execution.  Good show!

• SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 959
    3Jane
    Where's all this coming from?

has something happened or you guys just excited? lol 
  • CrimsonRelicCrimsonRelic Posts: 29
    Brain Burst

I'm pretty excited.
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 959
    3Jane

I'm pretty excited.

Me too mate, me too, I was going to order Quest and I probably still will down the line but I'm excited for Rift S at the moment, hopefully just 6 more days to go!  :)
    Trinity
    Yup... exited! :)
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,848 Valuable Player
    edited May 15
    I don't think John visits here do you @John Carmack?
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,690 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    I don't think John visits here do you @John Carmack?

Of course he does - he's probably added his number to the "who has ordered one" thread.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,326
    Project 2501
    edited May 15
    I bought an iPad a while ago but I don't use it. The idea was I was going to use it when I'm on the couch but I don't watch tv much. Same with the Quest. I don't need VR on the couch. I don't need mobile VR. 

I think it makes sense for people who don't have PCVR. I'm sure what's the point if you have PCVR.  

But thanks John for all your work on PCVR
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,395 Valuable Player
    MowTin said:
    I bought an iPad a while ago but I don't use it. The idea was I was going to use it when I'm on the couch but I don't watch tv much. Same with the Quest. I don't need VR on the couch. I don't need mobile VR. 

I think it makes sense for people who don't have PCVR. I'm sure what's the point if you have PCVR.  

But thanks John for all your work on PCVR

Yup, I'm exactly the same. There's no real need for me to get a standalone VR headset because I'm all about the PC VR experience. Plus I'm living in Beirut (aka Tottenham) so as soon as I leave my flat with anything remotely valuable I'm likely to get robbed at knifepoint lol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • CongratsulationsCongratsulations Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    I’m a little excited, I try not to get to excited, because it may not arrive on time or it could be faulty when it turns up.
    Trinity
    The Quest is amazing!  Just the first of likely many to come, can't wait to see how far it goes.