Cousin dropped the Oculus and the right lens is black. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cousin dropped the Oculus and the right lens is black.

selcoriteselcorite Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited May 15 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Yeah... I did try resetting the PC, taking out the external and internal HDMI cable and nothing really happened. However, in some rare cases, the right lens would work but have some weird horizontal lines that were probably green or purple and flickered. I emailed Oculus Support and they offered me a refurbished Rift for £250. Not sure if I should take apart the Oculus and try to find out what the problem is and since I'm not really willing to pay £250 for a headset, I'm not quite sure what to do at this point.

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,690 Valuable Player
    I approve of this rather basic justification/excuse for buying a new Rift S (no need for the embelishment about asking for a refurb but yeah, looks good with the wife - thumbs up mate).

Anybody else got any really good ones?    :D
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,395 Valuable Player
    Yup, preorder a Rift S I reckon, the Rift's displays sound screwed. Take it apart to try and fix it and if you can't manage to sort it out then just get a new headset. I wouldn't want to spend $250 on a refurbished headset, you're better off spending another $150 on top to get a new one with a higher resolution, less god rays and less SDE.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,060 Valuable Player
    Plus when the new Rift S hits the streets hopefully next week, Ebay will probably have a flood of used Rift CV1's offered up for sale at reasonable prices.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • TheRealCyberTheRealCyber Posts: 134
    Art3mis
    It's probably toast. Best to get a Rift S rather than spending the money on a refurb.
  • selcoriteselcorite Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited May 16
    tbh i might as well preorder a rift s if i cant find the problem in the CV1.