Is Robo Recall free for the Rift and Quest? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is Robo Recall free for the Rift and Quest?

sarikiller26sarikiller26 Posts: 10
NerveGear
I'm buying the Oculus Quest and I know that if you pair your touch controllers with your rift you get it for free is it the same for the quest?

Comments

• NimarusNimarus Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited May 15
    Odd. I can't find anything, even on the official Oculus website, that states if the Quest or Rift S come bundled with any games. Robo Recall was a great game that showed what Oculus could do. It was fast, fun, and the gameplay mechanics where quick to learn. I saw one website claiming that it would come bundled with Quill and Medium (Both art crafting games). Hopefully the Rift S and/or Quest comes with Robo Recall. It would also be nice to see it come with a game like Superhot. But, Oculus paid a lot of money for Epic to make Robo Recall as their flagship title. Hopefully Robo Recall comes packaged with it.
  • Simek98Simek98 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Robo recall is bundled with touch controllers. Controlers for rift S and quest are still touch controlers so it should be free.
  • LujhoLujho Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Simek98 said:
    Robo recall is bundled with touch controllers. Controlers for rift S and quest are still touch controlers so it should be free.
    But that's entirely at the discretion of Oculus, and we haven't heard one way or the other. The software is going to be able to tell whether the touch controllers are the old ones or the new ones, so they could easily say "hey, only give original Touch owners the free games". The fact that the Quest is coming with 5 demos suggests there *won't* be any freebies. And I wouldn't be surprised if new Rift S owners who never owned a CV1 won't get Lucky's Tale, Robo Recall etc for free.
  • LujhoLujho Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Actually, this article seems to indicate that there will definitely be NO games bundled, only Quill and Medium. 

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-rift-s-bundle-quill-medium/
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    @Lujho - Small rectification, Lucky's Tale is free for every Oculus account :)
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 959
    3Jane
    edited May 16
    I really think they should have bundled at least 1 game if not more with Rift S and Quest. You should get 3-5 games imo.
  • sarikiller26sarikiller26 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    There are demos.