cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon have the previous headsets gone on sale?

Scaramoosh
Protege
I hated the Rift for being uncomfortable, I hated the Go cause without motion controllers it’s useless. Quest looks like the perfect solution, and since I have my Rift somewhere I don’t need to get the Rift 2 as it doesn’t look like an upgrade.... I mean I’ll only use it if Valve’s Flagship game ends up being HL3 lol. 

I’m thinking about getting the Quest, but 1. 64GB just isn’t enough, does it have expandable storage? 2. Do these headsets go on sale quickly? I’m not going to spend full whack on a 128GB headset if it’s £100 off in three months.

thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

saami81
Rising Star
So much whine in one post 🙂

Scaramoosh
Protege

saami81 said:

So much whine in one post 🙂

Well answer the question and get the fuck over it. 

enigma01
Trustee
Storage isn’t expandable. Oculus probably did this as an SD card could draw additional power and load times could be affected. I purchased a Rift cv1 at release and I don’t recall seeing any sales available in my location for at least 12 months. I think at connect 2017 they announced some permanent price changes. I think that was to do with the headset and controllers being sold separately initially and the price was quite high, and then they released the bundle. Quest is already bundled with the touch controllers. 

Scaramoosh
Protege
I saw it's on very, I have 20 percent off for the 128GB version... I decided to do it. Didn't realise it was on their site, but they're hoping I don't pay in time, sadly for them I'll pay right away lol.... 40% interest if I don't... mental.