Can't pair with app? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can't pair with app?

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,560 Valuable Player
Proper bollox this. I uninstalled app and then reinstalled. When it asks to enter the 5 digit code it fails to find the headset. Any pointers? Proper anti-climax I feel like throwing it out the window. 

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• FishstaebchenFishstaebchen Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Restart your phone and / or turn Wifi, Bluetooth off for a few seconds. Turn everything on again and try again to enter the 5 digit code from the Quests Display.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,560 Valuable Player
    edited May 21
    Not working. Doesn't want to recognize the 5 digit number. All this phone crap has always been contentious for me and now this just reinforces that. I know many people hated this with the Oculus GO. A standalone headset which requires phone to work. It's just a dead weight right now until support can offer advice. 

• EispfogelEispfogel Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    Had the same issue with the Go and had to upgrade to a new phone(only had Windows Phones before....)
    If you have another phone, or a tablet with IOS/ Android - try that!

May i ask which phone you are using and which Android version it runs?
    edited May 21
    Galaxy S4 Android 5.0.1  - App works fine with the rift and GO connected.

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,114 Volunteer Moderator
    I believe its android 6.0 and above that's required mate
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,114 Volunteer Moderator
    Yup =

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

edited May 21
    Can I use one of those desktop android emulator apps? I see that is just a pain in arse. Looks like I will have to use the missus phone then. Bummer!

Hiro Protagonist
    Can I use one of those desktop android emulator apps? I see that is just a pain in arse. Looks like I will have to use the missus phone then. Bummer!
    I tried almost all Emulators before buying a new phone - none worked. You can try Android x86 and VMWare, but you will have trouble getting the Oculus App installed and usable for your Headset.

I just ended up with the cheapest android phone i could find, which was an Nokia 2(pretty bad to be honest for a "recent" phone). Cubot phones are cheap too, but .... the recent Huawei incident makes me not wanna buy those..who knows how long they are supported?

Anyways..good luck!
    I just used the missus s6 Edge. I'm in. Still a royal pain though. After Oculus GO a shame Facebook doesn't offer a desktop method of updating the headset.

Hiro Protagonist
    I just used the missus s6 Edge. I'm in. Still a royal pain though. After Oculus GO a shame Facebook doesn't offer a desktop method of updating the headset.
    Yeah it sucks :/ This isn't as standalone as advertised. And it also isn't a one time thing either. You have to use the app to pair a controller(also not one time...), to set it to developer mode and to update the Headset. 

But still..when that is ou of the way you are in for a great time, so enjoy your Quest ^^
  • ScaramooshScaramoosh Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    This sucks, thought it was standalone and cAnnot use it, no option to pair on iPhone se.
  • VRexplorer17VRexplorer17 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have a Samsung 8+ and had the issue where the Quest wasn't available as a headset to pair.  I logged out of the app and then logged back in.  This prompted an update and solved the issue for me.