New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Microphone not working

KiritoSan_KiritoSan_ Posts: 1
NerveGear
I need help my microphone has some kind of problem
it doesn't work in games like 
VRChat and RecRoom

Best Answer

Answers

• matt.redman.779matt.redman.779 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Or mine ! Any idea how to fix the problem ?
  • MetalGearHazumuMetalGearHazumu Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    What has no eyes and no legs? Still no idea
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 1,193
    Wintermute
    Isn't the mic disabled by default in VRchat ?
     If I remember correctly there is an option to turn it on in vrchat settings.
     Offcourse it might be different with Quest. Any options in quest  setting to rurn it on ?

I Cant load up vrchat right now on my rift to check out where the setting is, but try looking for it ?
    Be good, die great !
    NerveGear
    Yeah, there is a mute button but and a mic level option in settings but none did anything. The mic on the UI with the menu closed was red though. Don't know what that means
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 122 Oculus Staff
    If you haven't already, can you please contact customer support so they can look into this for you? Thanks!
    NerveGear
    I have :smile:

• iN5OMANiACiN5OMANiAC Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Reboot the headset and it works. It doesnt work on this or Bigscreen straight out of the box for some reason, needs you to restart the Quest
    NerveGear
    Reboot the headset and it works. It doesnt work on this or Bigscreen straight out of the box for some reason, needs you to restart the Quest
    Interesting and weird. I'll try it out tomorrow 
    NerveGear
    It works now
  • megameerkatmegameerkat Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I have been having this problem since yesterday and it didn’t clear up today after restarting it this morning, I’ve done several shut downs and restarts still nothing :(
  • zacary14zacary14 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have been having this problem since yesterday and it didn’t clear up today after restarting it this morning, I’ve done several shut downs and restarts still nothing :(
    Same with me
    NerveGear
    zacary14 said:
    Same with me

NerveGear
    very frustrating, two of my buds bought one with me so not being able to chat is a huge dissapointment, if anyone has fixes that aren’t just restarting headset please post
  • BurstupBurstup Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I had the same problem in VR Chat today. Restarting the headset helped. (You need to hold the power button down for a few seconds for the reboot and power off menu to appear.)

NerveGear
    Still having the same issue and haven’t heard back from oculus support and theyre ignoring me on Twitter now lol. 400 dollars down the drain.
  • Doomshroom9999Doomshroom9999 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey guys, Uninstalling and reinstalling the app seemed to fix the issue for me.

• thedeederthedeeder Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I noticed restarting computer and rift didn't help me but plugging the usb and display port from the computer and plugging it back in worked. This happens often now like every hour I have to do this. 
  • VRgamesterZVRgamesterZ Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I would kinda treat this like a PC even know it's not but when we download something on a PC, we usually do a reboot, so I'd say when downloading any app/game, I'd do a clean shut down and restart every time.
  • Tami1970Tami1970 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The issue looks like to be software related. If you use the oculus home party chat, the mic will be locked somehow to the party chat, no other app can use the mic anymore. Only way to fix this currently is to reboot the quest. So whenever you used oculus home party chat -> reboot quest prior starting a app. Hope this helps.
  • keebzkeebz Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Geez the party voice chat is busted. I hope this get's fixed soon. I'm having the exact same problem.
  • ChittDudeChittDude Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Doesn't seem to work in any games for me. Trying to talk in the poker room and nothing!
  • noah2040noah2040 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    yea, mine is doing the same. i know there is an issue with echo, where the mic picks up the speakers and you get a screeching sound, so im going to assume thats why its disabled, i know apps like "bigscreen" have fixed this for the most part by using a "push-to-talk" feature allowing you to hold Y and talk, then let go to stop. not sure if they purposely disabled it in the apps to stop these issues, or if its just an unknown issue. but i know they are working on fixing it. 
  • Breakkill_SBreakkill_S Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    My microphone is not working, 
  • decipherhexdecipherhex Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I reset mine and it still doesn't work. .... I've opened multiple tickets and no response yet. I don't know if this is a lemon but I want to return mine in case there are defects with the first batch.  They had an issue with their headphones being mono and are shipping replacements in July... But that shouldn't have anything to do with talking to people in OrbusVR. 
    The in game chat was working when I invited a friend to a group through oculus party chat. But I haven't tested that again since everything stopped working.  I even went to orbusVR and toggled permissions for mic on/off... Something failed and I can't get it work now.. I'm going to try to do a hard reset from the device itself if that is possible. Otherwise I'll return it... I guess?
  • dafaithzdafaithz Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    When you are in the Oculus Partychat, the Mic wont Work in any Game. You have to leave the Party Chat und reboot the Quest. After that Go straight into the Game. Is this a bug or intended ?
  • dolomitedolomite Posts: 126
    Hiro Protagonist
    Can confirm, rebooting the Quest gets the mic working. For a while i was wondering why the hell no one can hear me in Rec Room or VR Chat...
  • mintonwmintonw Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the issue as well.  I have tried updating windows drivers, reinstalling Oculus S software, Uninstalling and then reinstalling, changing ports, still no mike.
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    I used to be able to go to the oculus menu and click search then I could use voice search until my quest was updated. Did oculus disable voice search?
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • keebzkeebz Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Had there been any update on the party voice chat being fixed? It's been a month and this seems like a pretty major bug.