New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Headset sensor check failed?

RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,018 Valuable Player
edited May 2019 in Support
Fixed by going into your windows 10 privacy setting and switching your camera on. Obviously the Rift S uses cameras for tracking so you'll need this switched on.

Comments

• BLADE_13BLADE_13 Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Nope did that still x after USB 3
    and display port check 
    Brain Burst
    I have a asus g11 oculus ready pc.. Haa right. It has a 1060 with display ports and 4 USB 3.1 and sensors can’t track headset. I default my piracy for windows 10, disable my AV, plug in every USB port, installed re installed, reset 20x. I get 3 green checks and than can’t track head set. Was so excited to come home to hours wasted. ;( wtf!!! 
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited May 2019
    ASMedia Hub issue perhaps? (Lenovo know they are not working)
  • SinsinfulSinsinful Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    is a PCI-e USB card a way around this ASMedia issue?
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,018 Valuable Player
    edited May 2019
    Sinsinful said:
    is a PCI-e USB card a way around this ASMedia issue?

Yes, I believe it would, if that is what is causing the problem.

@Sinsinful - Here is the one I use. Get the four port one like the one shown in the link. Also, when you install it just let windows 10 install it's drivers for the card. Don't install the cards drivers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=pci+usb&qid=1558619380&s=gateway&sr=8-13
    Brain Burst
    I don’t have another pci e slot. The 1060 uses the only one.
    Brain Burst
    I think it has a mini pci e under the card would that work?
    edited May 2019
    @PaulRJM - The usb card I've linked to only uses a small pci slot and not a regular pci graphics card slot. But you will have a problem if the graphics card covers the top of the small usb slot. The Pci usb pci card is flat, so it does allow for some movement if you can see the slot.

Brain Burst
    My pc is a asus pre built ready for oculus. Asus g11cd. Wonder why? It has 4
    usb 3.1 and 4 usb 3? I know in the device hardware it’s a asmedia,
    you think that’s what’s causing the sensor find issue?
    Wintermute

If you are not to use the card's own Drivers then surely that is the same as NOT using ASMedia Drivers?
    My PC added Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub from some update...either Win10 or even by Oculus.
    My RIFT uses the m/b USB and unsure which Hub those are but is the rear main 4 separate of course from Keyb. & Mouse.

Brain Burst
    Mine looks similar to that^.
    so frustrated. Debating to do a fresh win 10 update. But I feel it wont matter. 
    Wintermute
    edited May 2019
    Is the SuperSpeed Hub the USB C? Is it best we use a USB C adapter all because this new RIFT S is both forwards and yet so backwards all at the same time omg!!!
    My RIFT S is delivered very soon and marked as "dispatched". So yet to find out how it works out.
    edited May 2019
    @MAC_MAN86 - That's what I thought, but I think because the usb's are on the mainboard, I think it just installs them with the motherboard drivers. I'm not sure if you can uninstall ASMedia and just use windows drivers though. I do know using a Pci usb card it's much better and solves this problem. It also gives you more usb ports and I've never had problems letting Windows 10 just use it's own drivers for the Pci usb card I've linked above.

Just search google on how to uninstall ASMedia drivers for usb and see if that works. Just see if windows will then install it's own drivers for the usb's.
    Wintermute
    The Extensible ones allow an alternative Driver as a manual Selection. I can't try yet until I get the RIFT S.

Brain Burst
    I’m Going get a pci 3.0 powered hub and f it. If that doesn’t work swap for a quest.
  • SinsinfulSinsinful Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    trust me it does not work :-(
  • cbodkincbodkin Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    MAC_MAN86 said:
    The Extensible ones allow an alternative Driver as a manual Selection. I can't try yet until I get the RIFT S.

This worked for me
    Brain Burst
    I finally fixed it!! What you want to do is get May 2019 update for windows and everything works!! And also under device under USB click on each on and power management unclick allow save power” Now I can return that pci usb 3 card I got.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10ISO
    Wintermute
    edited May 2019
    Yes awesome both of you. Most of us had 1809 and are now getting 1903. Seems to be resetting the OS basically which is same as trying other Ports, older GPU Drivers, other USB Hubs only to clear the config. 1903 has additional audio problems at present.

@cbodkin which Driver did you select the ASMedia again or the USB xHCI?
  • UlyneUlyne Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Where can i Download USB xHCI driver? I want to try i have the exact same problem ^^
  • xSTONEMANxxSTONEMANx Posts: 195
    Art3mis
    Has anyone found a fix for this yet the new May windows update is not available yet for me
    Art3mis
    I reset my PC reinstalled windows 10 and is working flawlessly 
  • irlin10irlin10 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having problems with Headset Sensor Check failing. Tried two different PCIe USB3.0 cards, reinstalled windows 10, tried different usb ports nothing helps. Device manager telling me that Rift S Sensor driver is not installed. Tried windows power management, like Oculus website suggests, and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Power Management, nothing works, I don't know what else should I try????
    Wintermute
    Try AntiVirus=OFF and replug RIFT S, USB...5secs then DP, run each Game/APP before enabling AV again.
    Art3mis
    irlin10 said:
    Having problems with Headset Sensor Check failing. Tried two different PCIe USB3.0 cards, reinstalled windows 10, tried different usb ports nothing helps. Device manager telling me that Rift S Sensor driver is not installed. Tried windows power management, like Oculus website suggests, and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in Power Management, nothing works, I don't know what else should I try????
    When I first reinstalled windows it wouldn't work either had same issues you are describing finally I reset my PC to factory spec then reinstalled windows 10 and fixed the problem.
  • qtjequirijnqtjequirijn Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited May 2019
    reinstalled windows 10, did factory reset, usb power management is off, camera privacy is allowed for all apps, inateck USB 3.0 card is connected with PSU, standard windows 10 drivers, have the windows 10 1903 update, tried all five USB 3.0 ports, tried first connecting USB wait 10 sec then connect DP, antivirus = off, reinstalled oculus software, GPU drivers are up-to-date. in my LOG I get the error "Failed to check if stream is selected: Hardware MFT failed to start streaming due to lack of hardware resources" (see link: https://shrib.com/#40iOtbwOGZvLlei7JbT1)  contacted Oculus Support no reply yet, Turned legacy support off in Bios, repaired oculus software, tried the BETA verison.

I don't know what to do next, anyone have an idea?
    Wintermute
    Wonder if the Head Sensor is being confused with what it uses with the DP if any record of a Monitor using it prior. Try keeping it covered during plugging it in and keeping it awake. Also have AV=OFF for all this.
  • andrew_gillandrew_gill Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Also having this issue- submitted a ticket to oculus and no response yet. I expected a new device to not have hardware problems less than 10 hours out of the box. Disappointed to say the least.. 
    Art3mis
    I hope they send a update out for this specific issue. I ihave 5 - 3.0 USB ports and 4- 2.0 USB ports only 2 out of the 5- 3.0 USB ports seem to work with the rift s without issue on a z97 pro gamer motherboard. When hooked up to the CV1 all ports work with no problems.
  • KnutsiKnutsi Posts: 147
    Art3mis
    edited May 2019
    I have the same issue (separate thread going here), but it's interesting to see the logs of @qtjequirijn up there. In mine "failed to initialise camera" (*) seems to be the biggest issue, while in theirs its subtly different. 

Oculus support (chat) said yesterday my ticket had been sendt onwards for review, so I hope some engineer or support person gets to work today or tomorrow to review it, and that they either sends a firmware or a replacement.

I also asked them if there was a hard reset or firmware reset possible for the headset we could try. It was not.

{!ERROR!} [KMHal] [TrackingHal] Failed to start camera streaming