Face Foam Comfort — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Face Foam Comfort

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,578 Valuable Player
Loving the Quest so far but I am finding the material is quite abrasive on my forehead, leaving a red mark after 10 minutes or so. Aside from using a replacement foam, anyone have a suggestion to make it more comfortable?

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• BadmonkBadmonk Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Headband?
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,111 Valuable Player
    VR Cover is out for this I believe. I find the face foam very comfortable, but I'm finding the back strap a bit tight/stiff. I think it's probably due to it being so new though. It's similar to the Rift CV1, and after 3 years of use, the strap on my Rift CV1 is very flexible.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Aidens12Aidens12 Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    yea my biggest issue so far is with the comfort of the cushion, and i knew right away that i was gonna have to get the vr cover replacement kit
  • SicktrashSicktrash Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    Aidens12 said:
    yea my biggest issue so far is with the comfort of the cushion, and i knew right away that i was gonna have to get the vr cover replacement kit
    Can you add a link? I'm not familiar with this kit
  • PickleschlitzPickleschlitz Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    When I first got my Go it did that, but after it was broken in a little it was more comfortable.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,530 Volunteer Moderator
    Sicktrash said:
    Aidens12 said:
    Here.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    Hiro Protagonist
    Omg it wasn't such an issue till I played super hot and got super sweaty! It's not v comfy at all. Ouchy
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    I had the VRCover replacement interface for my Rift and preferred to use their standard foam. Imho I don’t think that it reduced the pressure on my face anymore than the standard Quest foam. I’m wondering if just the VR cover cotton cover will improve comfort enough for me as it won’t be so abrasive on the face. Does anyone have experience of those, I never tried them? 
  • atkinsonlineatkinsonline Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    I’ve ordered one of these wide head straps as shown in this video. Looks like it will make a big difference to spreading the weight front to back. 
    https://youtu.be/dVPODlW4Z_8
  • Aidens12Aidens12 Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    Sicktrash said:
    Aidens12 said:
    https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-quest-foam-and-interface-basic-set/

• furtinfurtin Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited May 23
    Yes, the material is annoying and rough as hell. Same like on the Go. I dont know why they cannot use softer materials. My 4 year old GearVR has softer fabrics. I ordered the fake leather VR covers, hope that helps.
    "The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
    Hiro Protagonist
    It's really bugging me now. I dread putting the thing on and when I do I'm removing it to rub my face every 5 mins. This sucks
    Hiro Protagonist
    Aidens12 said:
    Sicktrash said:
    Aidens12 said:
    https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-quest-foam-and-interface-basic-set/

Not shipping till end of June. I'll return my headset by then...can't put up with this
    Hiro Protagonist
    Are there any alternatives? From a competent company that have stock ready?

I have no idea why they would expect people to wait over a month. How can it take that long to produce the product?!

What other companies are there please? I'd like to order something today but I'm not waiting a month for an item to ship, that's ridiculous
  • DeadaceDeadace Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sicktrash said:

I have no idea why they would expect people to wait over a month. How can it take that long to produce the product?!

What other companies are there please? I'd like to order something today but I'm not waiting a month for an item to ship, that's ridiculous
    My guess is, they're being flooded with orders!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Deadace said:
    Sicktrash said:

My guess is, they're being flooded with orders!
    Oh yea cause they release date was a total secret?! They knew what was coming!

Plus, how long does it take to make them? Pretty sure I could get one custom made in a week...it certainly wouldn't take a month to make one