cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with my new Rift S - problem with display

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having issue with my new Rift S I got hooked up today.
Everything was fine and it worked quite well, put headset up and closed Oculus Home.
Noticed the light in headset was still white and the blue light on front of headset was still illuminated.

Put headset back on, Oculus Home opened on desktop and I had audio, but no video.
Could not get video back until I restarted the computer.

After restarting the computer, put headset on and Oculus Home launched and I had display in headset again.
However after taking headset off and putting way, again same as above - lights stayed on , got audio but no video in headset.

It would seem after first use, any subsequent uses end up with no display in headset and have to reboot the PC to get it working again.
Headset shows green and connected in Oculus Home desktop app.

Edit: When Rift S set aside and Home closed , blue light on front does go out - light in headset remains white.
So currently after using one time and closing Home, subsequent use will give no display unless PC is restarted. I tried just restarting the Oculus Service, and that did not get it to work. Only reboot would.

284 REPLIES 284

Sandcracka
Adventurer
I'm glad you found a fix.

KyoshiUriza
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue with mine. Restarting, reinstalling, or unplugging seem to temp fix the issue but it just ends up happening again.  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a black screen "crash" in Arktika happen twice on my new Rift S. After this the screen stayed black even after system reboots. But unplugging and replugging the cables did fix it. Not sure if that is the same issue you all are having.

inovator
Consultant

Same happened to me only when playing pavlov vr on steam. I had to restart then unplug and replug.  I won't play that again for a while.

ryan_bohorquez
Honored Guest
Im having the exact same issue, audio works fine but cant get past the setup. I got video to show up one time during the setup by restarting the computer, but it randomly shut off and wouldnt turn back on

Chips4hoy
Protege
I managed to get to the virtual "home" menu and that nice inviting setting, but only after a few seconds my camera sensors cut off and i then see nothing but static.  Hopefully not defective and just needs a firmware / patch????

lensmandave
Superstar
Yep, can't get mine to start either 😞  I get everything recognised, green lights etc but no video display when I'm asked to continue in VR. I can hear the background sound, but no visuals.
Just wiped the whole lot and reinstalling just now. A slooooow connection here.....patience is a virtue eh?
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

waaylander
Explorer
I have the same issue, screen goes black says everything is connected. Unplugging and plugging in DisplayPort adapter fixes issue

lensmandave
Superstar

I have the same issue, screen goes black says everything is connected. Unplugging and plugging in DisplayPort adapter fixes issue

Cheers!  Just for fun I tried unplugging the display port cable and re-inserting and..... bingo! it's all working beautifully!
Thanks for the heads up 🙂
Dave
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.