[SOLVED] Oculus Quest Charger Not Working — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[SOLVED] Oculus Quest Charger Not Working

IAmJaykIAmJayk Posts: 10
NerveGear
edited May 23 in Oculus Quest
[SOLVED]

As mentioned earlier, I now have a solution to the Oculus Quest Charger Not Working’.

In order for the Quest charger to function properly you must plug it in firmly then slightly lift up the bottom of the ending attached to the Quest. 

You should see a little bit of the white metal USB C popping out and I guarantee you that it will charge. 

Try it now and if it works for you if so then like this/mark as answered/comment to let me know it worked. 

FYI I’ve still gotten a replacement so I will inspect if it’s the same on others however I doubt the issue will be on another Quest since not everyone had this charging issue. 

Best Answers

• IAmJaykIAmJayk Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Accepted Answer
    I think it’s the adapter, I have the same issue and when I listened to the adapter up close when it was on, it was making a buzzing noise, even after I took it out... 
    NerveGear
    Accepted Answer
    Update: After several attempts I have got the charger to work, currently charging it to 100% then getting it replaced.

I advise others to try the same, I believe it’s to do with either the power plug (Since it makes a cracking noise when it’s plugged in and after unplugged), or just a fault in the system which may be fixed in an update?

I think it may also be caused by the headset being turned automatically on when put on the head along with the charger being plugged in during that time of it turning on, which may cause a glitch.

I don’t recommend using any other chargers unless they are of the same voltage which is 5W I believe.

Hope this helps y’all. 🙂
    NerveGear
    Accepted Answer
    (SOLVED)

As mentioned above, in my recent message I know have a solution. 

In order for the Quest charger to function properly you must plug it in firmly then slightly lift up the bottom of the ending attached to the Quest. 

You shluld see a little bit of the white metal USB C popping out and I guarantee you that it will charge. 

Try it mow and if it works for you please mark this as solved.

FYI I’ve still gotten a replacement so I will inspect if it’s the same on others however I doubt the issue will be on Another one since not everyone had this charging issue. 

Answers

• dc2889dc2889 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have the same problem smh 
    Hiro Protagonist
    I’m using my switch charger to hopefully add some life to the battery then will go back to quest charger 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yea I think so I switch back to quest charger nothing 
  • joshmeehanjoshmeehan Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I’m having a similar issue. My Quest worked the first charge, then I went to charge it when I ran low and no charging light nor charge happening what so ever. I’ve turned it off and on. Waited for it to cool before trying again, nothing. 
  • voigtboyvoigtboy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Mine would never charge period.... Played for 3 hours and it is completely dead.  Support says to wait....
  • VRexplorer17VRexplorer17 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I'm having a charging issue as well.  Left in plugged in for hours and came back to the headset with only 5% battery left?
  • sn0man007sn0man007 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the same charging problem... What is the official response from support on what to do?
  • FlakMagnetFlakMagnet Posts: 169
    Art3mis
    voigtboy said:
    Mine would never charge period.... Played for 3 hours and it is completely dead.  Support says to wait....
    Wait for what exactly? This sounds like a broken design.
  • Pur3BoltPur3Bolt Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Alright so what happened to me was that it was charging for the first time completely fine. However today, I tried to charge it during playing and the light didn't come on. I tried charging also after turning it off and no light came on. Only after about 10(?) minutes of it being off did the light show up as amber and charging began.
    I also tried a different cable (connected to PC) and it did recognise the Quest on the PC, but the light didn't show up.
    Hopefully a software issue...
    NerveGear
    dc2889 said:
    I’m using my switch charger to hopefully add some life to the battery then will go back to quest charger 
    So does the switch charger work and does it work well?
    NerveGear
    I’m having a similar issue. My Quest worked the first charge, then I went to charge it when I ran low and no charging light nor charge happening what so ever. I’ve turned it off and on. Waited for it to cool before trying again, nothing. 
    Yeah mine worked fine the first charge, then it all just started messing up. But if you listen closely to the charging adapter, you can hear a crackling noise so maybe it’s that I hope not. 
  • brad.franklin.56brad.franklin.56 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I got mine yesterday and when it died I tried to charge and nothing. No light. And my brick even unplugged buzzes. Such a disappoint because It was so much fun. I tried to hook it up to my Mac usb c but it says it needs to much power. I am so bummed. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yea switch charger works great 
    Hiro Protagonist
    At first it didn’t work.make sure you shutdown the quest then plug it in. The light should flash red for a while then white as It will attempt to power on. shut it down and the light will stay on a solid orange color. I believe it’s the charger and the battery that is flawed. the official quest charger buzzing even when unplugged and the battery for not charging after one cycle. the switch charger forces it to take a cycle restarting the battery itself. any charger now working with headset except the official one.
  • exp5816exp5816 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I don't think these headsets were meant to be used while charging in my opinion. Using it while charging's the reason why the headset is burning up so quickly.
  • jabjab Posts: 202
    Nexus 6
    edited May 22
    Oculus has to know that many players will end up with powerbanks attached to extend play time. So if charging during usage is considered harmfull, it would be disabled. Or at the very least there would be a big disclaimer note in the box and/or manuals. Anything else will just translate into bad press and warranty returns at Oculus's expense..

Right now everything points to some (all?) chargers and/or charging logic in the quest having problems. Hopefully it's fixable by software.
    NerveGear
    can I buy something at Best Buy to charge it because right now I am dead in the water. It's a 400 dollar  paper weight.
  • jabjab Posts: 202
    Nexus 6
    If I where in your situation I would buy a USB-C powerbank since it would serve two purposes. Both being able to deliver a powerful enough charge current to the quest, and extend your play time.
    NerveGear
    dc2889 said:
    At first it didn’t work.make sure you shutdown the quest then plug it in. The light should flash red for a while then white as It will attempt to power on. shut it down and the light will stay on a solid orange color. I believe it’s the charger and the battery that is flawed. the official quest charger buzzing even when unplugged and the battery for not charging after one cycle. the switch charger forces it to take a cycle restarting the battery itself. any charger now working with headset except the official one.
    The Nintendo Switch charger doesn’t work for me neither smh. I’ve tired to do what you said above with the Oculus charger, it says on orange then it goes white and starts blinking red again, and goes back to white. I turn it off and it stays on red...This is a joke now.
  • 2010Knight2010Knight Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited May 22
    I had to turn my cord around and it works now.  
  • InfinitRInfinitR Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Had an issue where charging light wouldn't come on but seem to have found a solution....fyi for anyone who runs into this, see link.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/75775/had-problem-charging-no-indicator-light-solved#latest
    NerveGear
    (POSSIBLY SOLVED) -

Guys so I’ve been trying to figure out How to solve the charging, and I think I’ve solved it...

When I plug in the charger to my Quest firmly it does not seem to work HOWEVER

I fiddled with it and it turns out that when I plug it into the Quest and slightly lift up the bottom of the cable end that’s attached to my Quest, It starts to actually charge.

[SIMPLY PLUG THE CHARGER IN AT ANY TIME AND SLIGHTLY LIFT UP THE BOTTOM END OF IT ON THE QUEST AS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE]. 

Try it yourself and let me know if it works.  
    NerveGear
    I bought a Nintendo switch charger and so far it's charging. So hopefully it will work. I also bought a usb C to usb cable so I can try and plug into a power bank I have.
    NerveGear
    I spoke to soon. the Nintendo switch worked for 10 mins and stopped. but so far the usb to usb c connected to my dji googles brick is working. my wife has one too and her charger works. shame on facebook for non quality control
    Hiro Protagonist
    I factory reset my quest it charges now with factory cable and different wall plug c charger hopefully it doesn’t happen to to many ppl 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Faulty c chargers from oculus I didn’t expect this 
  • livsonlivson Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    So I'm having a problem to a lesser degree, but my quest battery drains while charging on the included charger if the headset is in use. Turned off it currently charges, though it did seem to slow way down from the initial charge time. Took 45 minutes to go from 82% to full. I've read on many reddit posts that most people were able charge or hold charge while plugged in and using. Also my anker power core II slim 10000 battery pack, that outputs the same 5v 3amp that the quest charger is rated at actually does charge the quest while in use. Also my quest charger makes a buzzing noise as well. Definitely something not right. 
  • spaceoddity23spaceoddity23 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I’ve had the same charging problems but adjusting the plug seems to work.  Problem is it’s still charging really slowly.  It took 8 hours to go from 16% to 33%.