cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing cameras witthin seconds

kilishan
Explorer
The cameras on my Rift S stop working within seconds of putting the headset on. At first, passthru is working as expected and I can see my surroundings. As I start putting the touch controllers on, the passthru dims a little, then goes to just visual noise a couple of seconds after that. Restarting the Oculus app sometimes brings it back, sometimes doesn't. A reboot always does, though it goes away immediately.

Running Win10. Camera access is enabled.

Anyone else experiencing this or know a fix yet? 
5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Go to  Win10 settings/privacy/camera and make sure it's turned on.  Then reinstall Oculus Software or at least try a repair.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Chips4hoy
Protege
At least I'm not alone in experiencing this. Just bought my oculus rift S, I cannot complete guardian setup due to camera sensors immediately going to static. I am 100% sure I have USB 3 (VR Ready) plugged in and DisplayPort.  Hopefully this issue is resolved

kilishan
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Go to  Win10 settings/privacy/camera and make sure it's turned on.  Then reinstall Oculus Software or at least try a repair.

I checked the camera settings last night and it was on. Will try repair/reinstall tonight. Thanks.

kilishan
Explorer
Well, trying to repair the software caused issues with several of the games that were downloaded that forced me to delete them and re-download/install. Another 30GB of bandwidth shot this month, and one of them is still causing me issues. Who would have thought that would be the hard part...

Anyway, bought a new AC-powered USB hub, and have all of my USB devices plugged into that hub currently. With this setup I've had zero issues during several play sessions over the last 2 days. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

markhollis
Expert Protege
same problem here!