New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest: Screen casting not working (Samsung Galaxy S9 / Nvidia Shield)

13»

Comments

• gaetan.lecoarergaetan.lecoarer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have a Asus Zenfone, and it doesn't work either. Casting freezes after 5 seconds. It's truely annoying
  • Obel1xObel1x Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    voorburg said:
    Same here, continues headset disconnects immediately after starting casting.
    I have the same issue. the headset disconnects after starting casting (to chromecast). Using Oculus app on iPhone.
  • softtouchphsofttouchph Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Same here with a Google Pixel 3XL. It start just fine, and after a couple of seconds, there is just a message on the phone that the connection was disconnected.
  • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 155
    Art3mis
    Could it be the old issue.... your router is using the same SSID for both 2.4 & 5ghz bands?
  • crapthingscrapthings Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 2019
    same here with honor magic 2 freeze after 4s, and i can't find my nvidia shield on same wifi both 2g or 5g
  • jackburton09jackburton09 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    AFTER THE UPDATE i can cast to s10 without issue and its steady the last update mad ea use difference ;)
  • karacsonyi.attilakaracsonyi.attila Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited November 2019
    I have Samsung S9+ - I can cast from Quest to phone without problem but I also have a Chromecast (3rd gen) dongle connected to TV, but that is not visible in the Oculus app when I want to select where I want to cast to. :( What can I do??? :( please help.
  • Baxwar2092Baxwar2092 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Huawei users, 

Make sure you go to battery settings, then app launch, search for Oculus app, and turn off manage automatically, Huawei kills alot of app activity in the background due to power consumption. 
  • Chiron_MustermannChiron_Mustermann Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Unfortunately the hint with the app launch wasn't successful for me on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro
  • br0466br0466 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I found the solution to be to start casting from my phone, then start casting again from the headset, then confirm the casting on the phone again. It's worked for me flawlessly ever since. I am using a 5ghz wifi connection so idk if that impacts it.
  • SCUDIZZLSCUDIZZL Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm not sure if anyone said it here already, or if it was on another forum, but I saw somewhere someone mentioned disabling mobile data. That worked for me.

Initially, I wasn't able to cast from my Quest to my OnePlus 7Pro or my girlfriend's S10 but it worked fine once mobile data was disabled.  B)