Oculus Quest Battery Life - What's Yours? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Quest Battery Life - What's Yours?

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,560 Valuable Player
edited May 22 in Oculus Quest
Prior to release a lot of talk about how long the Oculus Quest battery lasts from a full charge. I am wondering what people are getting. Obviously browsing the web uses less power than playing Robo Recall. Please post your thoughts remembering to include what you were playing.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• BillyDee4BillyDee4 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I got about 2 1/2 hours of play from a full charge before I got the low battery warning. I avoid completely draining rechargeable batteries as doing so can shorten their life.
  • Dizzy1007Dizzy1007 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Same. About 2 to 2 1/2 hrs trying different games.
  • SicktrashSicktrash Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yup, easily 2 hours..usually 2.5 hours here
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 162
    Art3mis
    2.5 hours for me too. Took just over 2 hours to fully charge first time and now has been taking about 1.45 hours. 
  • gism0egism0e Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Because the Quest is power hungry I worry about wear on the plug what with charging and down loading pulling the plug in and out so often so I’ve ordered the magnet data/charging cable from Ebay for £5 
  • Motoman66Motoman66 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I’m also seeing the same 2 to 2.5 hrs of playtime.  I’m interested in the magnetic power/comms cable option though.  Part number or website?
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,785 Valuable Player
    Yeah I'm getting about 2hrs 15 mins to 2hrs 30 depending on what I'm doing, not too bad for a device like this. I haven't really needed to use it with a power bank so far.
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)