New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S, starting to stutter/jitter after 5min in any game or app. SOLVED

Walkerz9994Walkerz9994 Posts: 2
NerveGear
edited May 23 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Hey, got the rift S yesterday. Had some struggles.
Got a gtx1070 and an I7700k 16gb ram so I should be good.
I was lagging quite badly tho in even simple games. After a long time searching I found that the problem was that I had a another monitor + my 4k tv connected to my pc. I disconnected them and then I was smooth sailing. However now in every game or app, I start to stutter or jitter after about 5-10min of play. Even when standing 100% still in game, the screen would like shake for a milisecond every 3 seconds or so. Also black bars would start to appear when looking around as if my pc suddenly couldn't handle it. If I exist the game and start a new one, it's smooth for 5-10min and then same problem. My temperatures are very low so it's not over heating, I don't have any other programs running like afterburner or anything. I'm struggling to find a solution online, I've read that nvidia drivers can cause stutter and that you should go to an old driver to fix it. But I tried installing the old driver but then I can't even go into a game cause the occulus app tells me I have to update drivers. So they are back to normal but i'm still having this issue. Any chance you guys can help me out?

Running windows 10 btw, and it's the same problem on occulus games as well as steam games.

Comments

• Nekto2Nekto2 Posts: 269
    Nexus 6
    It looks like hidden bitcoin miner or some screensaver/background tasks are running.
    Is there OS update downloading? Or some power settings. Could you move your mouse and check if jitter is gone?
  • Walkerz9994Walkerz9994 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Nekto2 said:
    It looks like hidden bitcoin miner or some screensaver/background tasks are running.
    Is there OS update downloading? Or some power settings. Could you move your mouse and check if jitter is gone?
    Hey, i've fixed it. Indeed it was a trojan bitcoin miner, that lil bastard. My anti virus didn't find him, found it myself when checking the programs that start with windows automaticly.