Had problem charging (no indicator light) Solved — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Had problem charging (no indicator light) Solved

InfinitRInfinitR Posts: 25
Brain Burst
Day two with Quest. Fantastic device but after using for a few hours while streaming (power was at 35%), found that the charge indicator would not come on. Tried different outlet, powering off/on, but it wasn't working.

Reading online, I found a similar issue with Oculus Go, where users had to hold a button combo to fix.

So, what I did that seemed to work: Held power button and (-) volume button simultaneously (device not plugged in when I did this). After about 5-10 seconds, I heard a beep and the indicator light blinked a few times (i guess indicating a reset?). In any case, I was able to charge again after and the light is on again when charging. So far so good on recharges.

Just throwing it out there in case this happens to anyone. Also submitted ticket to notify Oculus team. Cheers.

Comments

• IAmJaykIAmJayk Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    InfinitR said:
    Day two with Quest. Fantastic device but after using for a few hours while streaming (power was at 35%), found that the charge indicator would not come on. Tried different outlet, powering off/on, but it wasn't working.

Reading online, I found a similar issue with Oculus Go, where users had to hold a button combo to fix.

So, what I did that seemed to work: Held power button and (-) volume button simultaneously (device not plugged in when I did this). After about 5-10 seconds, I heard a beep and the indicator light blinked a few times (i guess indicating a reset?). In any case, I was able to charge again after and the light is on again when charging. So far so good on recharges.

Just throwing it out there in case this happens to anyone. Also submitted ticket to notify Oculus team. Cheers.
    Check out my thread and if that doesn’t work which I tried it didn’t for me, see if what I have put works because I strongly believe is should work if done right. Check my threat bruh! 
  • alexsaloalexsalo Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I had the same issue, but I noticed the usb-C port (the one that connects to the headset) was chipped or broken inside and it was not making contact with all the pins, I removed this little broken plastic with a needle and it works now. I believe the connectors are faulty and when you push firmly it may break from the inside.
  • f2206256214f2206256214 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    输入您的评论
  • KingGG27KingGG27 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    InfinitR said:

Thank you so much dude!